No title max in California

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No title max in California

No title max in California

I'll find out for sure next wednesday but, I may not be able to do much with my machine out here because I for some reason bought it w/out a title on ebay - thinking it wouldn't take much to get one. Even if I was to say that it was a home built machine, anything built after 2003 w/ a 2 stroke is limited to access on certain riding areas at certain times of the year.

If the worst happens, I may have an okay machine/ parts for sale (six newer looking rawhide III's, rotax 503 that runs., working t-20. late 70's body.

Any tips on what to do are more than welcome.

Call Recreatives they may be able to help you with a Manufactures Certificate of orgin. With a vehicle that old they may be able to list you as the original owner and then you can title it from there

Update:
    after setting up a dmv appointment for verification, being sent to California Highway Patrol verification (another 2 week wait), Fires, and almost being late for the appointment due to road closures, going back to DMV, My paperwork is finally on it's way to Sacramento for a title (another 2-3 weeks). They did however, give me a green sticker(good to ride at all off- highway vehicle parks any time of the year)!

I just hope that everything goes okay in Sacramento w/ the paperwork - keeping fingers crossed after all these hoops.

Yea!A rainbow after the fire storm.

I officially recieved my title last night!

Much thanks to Whipper and Galen at R.I. - I really wasn't sure this was going to work - now to fix a few bugs and go riding!

I've now had the Big Max for over a decade as well - I think everything has officially been repaired, tuned,adjusted or rebuilt as of the last month - we just swapped back in the original T20 that Dad rebuilt over the last year. This site has definitely been a great source of help and motivation over the last decade.

+ Reply to Thread