new agv tech. aatv

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new agv tech. aatv

new agv tech. aatv

so it looks like this agv machine is the new '' max '' lineup. is that what you understand also from their site ? looks impressive ! johnboy va.

I'm curious what the point is to call it the Max line? the only thing that is interchangeable with the old Max's is the T-20 variants. So their plan is to still make parts available for the Max II, IV, and Buffalo, but not produce complete machines?

DOES IT REALLY MATTER. all these people demanding all these upgrades to a new MAX, well here you go. ONE man brought the MAX to an end so this is the result.

Most upgrade request I remember reading on the boards came across as more personalized things. There was definitely room for improvement, but to be honest, I'm not digging the new design. I understand it could very well just be a concept as concepts in general are more edgy, etc, like in the auto world. For example, the roll cages look very cool on the concept, but try to slap a windshield on the front of the machine. It seems somewhat limiting in width as the vertical bars for the cage are towards the inside of the machine more and closer together.

The only thing to do is to wait and see what the final result is, and like I said earlier, it may just be a concept, and we will see some similarity in the new units on the production line. Here's a larger pic where you can see the roll cages on the concept renderings.

It does have a very cool frame design though on their site with the roll cage mounted to the frame at several places. It looks very well thought out.

As long as i can put a springer kit on it. Whipper gear up for this one !

Is there a time frame estimate on the availability of the new machines? Will they eventually be available or is this an exercise in advertising to gauge interest?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

From what I've heard it's hard to build a new max when the body molds have mysteriously disappeared

Do they plan on using the Max molds for the machines pictured above?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    From what I've heard it's hard to build a new max when the body molds have mysteriously disappeared
    I actually saw the aluminum molds in person a few years ago for the Max II, Max IV, and Buffalo. It was crazy to see them in person... If only the long "lost" Attex and Hustler molds were still around. Supposedly, Richard Clark had the Hustler molds at one point as he had them listed for sale many years ago, but now no one can get any info from him or anyone about them.

Hopefully they aren't. Would love to see these in production again...even if the designs are updated somewhat.

+ Reply to Thread