Storage box construction MAX IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storage box construction MAX IV

Storage box construction MAX IV

Thought you guys might like to see how I built a under seat storage box for the back seat of my MAX IV.
    1. Start with a flip up seat hinge (Richard sells a kit if you can’t build one)
    Storage box in Max IV by Dane Trask, on Flickr
    2. Build a (negative) template for the inside dimensions of the box. I used a new flat screen tv box from the garbage.
    3. Optional put some foam insulation strips to create “Channels” in the inside of the box for separators.
    4. Fiberglas the box upside down. The flange on the table will become the mounting surface that will rest on the frame of the seat.
    5. Pull out the internal structure, cut separators, I used an old lawn sign. Then paint and go.
    6. I also ran a wide piece of window weather stripping along the whole top and when the seat comes down it seals up pretty good.
    Last edited by finmad; 12-30-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Nice job. I made one from plywood but I like your fiberglass idea better.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Great job. I love working with fiberglass. I restore old boats as a hobby and have done quite a few floors and transom replacements. Did you use epoxy or polyester? I prefer epoxy for the structural strength, but polyester is about 1/3 the cost. I have a Max II, so I don't have the option of doing what you did. Great work!

My under seat box is just made from plywood, keeps everything dry.

+ Reply to Thread