Preditor 670 repower for my MAX 2......

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: Preditor 670 repower for my MAX 2......

Threaded View

Preditor 670 repower for my MAX 2......

Hi All-

I’m very interested in repowering with the Preditor 670. I have been reading any/all write-ups where that engine has been installed-air boats,off-road vehicles,or whatever.
    One obstacle to overcome is the relatively low use time logged before the owner ‘publishes’ his/her review of the engine;i.e.,no high hours/long term use reports available yet.
    Another hindrance is the complete lack of technical details shared about the installation-it isn’t a ‘drop in-even I know this. So those who install this engine should be doing a (much) better job of sharing the details of that project.

I don’t particularly like Chinese products-they deserve the bad reputation they have generated for the most part-however,that said,much of their poor product blame goes to their American clients who spec the product for maximum profit and nothing else. Even when the proper materials are used with sound designs,Chinese QC is still inconsistent. However,things are improving.

I believe that the Preditor 670 is a decent engine worthy of use ,provided it performs as advertised and provides several hundred hours of service when properly maintained .

My MAX 2 has less than 40 hours use total time,and is powered by the basic B&S 14 hp V-twin.I may sell the MAX this spring,if I do,I don’t believe that the Preditor 670 re-power will negatively affect the sale or selling price….

So,all of that said, I would like to hear from anyone having used the 670 in any application;their experiences would be extremely helpful…….

Sam in IN
    Attached Images