conquest tire question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: conquest tire question

conquest tire question

Hey yall. looking at pulling the trigger on new tires for the '99 conquest. I really like the KENDA K299 bear claw tire. size is 22x12-8 (I have 8inch rims I would really like to reuse to keep costs down.)

from what is on there now and from what I have seem posted on here a 22inch tire is the diameter I need. (no tire to tire rub or top of tire to body rub)

1. Looks aggressive 0.81in tread depth
    2. good V shaped tread for swimming...
    3. nice flat profile across tread for low ground pressure.
    4. 6 ply seems a bit heavy and light ride rough but I am planning to glue the tires and run tubes so I can air down.
    5. a full set of tires can be on my door step for ~$550.

my question is will the 12" be to wide? And does 25lbs a tire seem to heavy.

Any thoughts or opinions before I pull the trigger?

Has anyone else run these on an amphib?

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...Bear-Claw-Tire

I had them on an Argo Vanguard and a Max IV. Lots of lateral traction made steering heavy and they did not swim at all. They worked well in mud as long as I didn't try any hard turns.

Edit: oops, I see the K299 bear claw has a different tread pattern. my comments do not apply now

Screenshot_20180620-154304_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20180620-154315_Gallery.jpg
    Last edited by Canadian_Zuk; 06-20-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Haha. Ya I saw your photos in an older post and took them with a grain of salt.

I think the k299 might swim better as they are more. Chevron like...
    And as far as turning difficulty I am hoping the more solid tread design in the lateral direction will allow for skid steering ease.

I also like the k472 style but they are 21"...

Eventually I plan to make tracks like escargo offers so these tires being 6ply may be perfect for heavy duty track use
    Last edited by sofob0909; 06-20-2018 at 04:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread