Max lv axle support brackets

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max lv axle support brackets

Max lv axle support brackets

I have had endless good times with broken axles on my max lv last winter running RI factory rubber tracks. I come to the conclusion that the benefits of having tracks is great until you have to figure out how to get it home with power to only one side.for those of you that had been there it does not matter how big you and your friends are, your not pushing that darn thing that would be almost as easy as working on it. Any way I have only recently learned about the unavailable axle support brackets, I always thought they were extra support for a snow plow. After trolling the forum it seems some of the community swears by them . I called RC at RR he does not have any and informed me that RI is out of business so I will have to make them. I am guessing it would defeat the purpose if they were not close to exact to the inside alinement of the axles probally help with premature bearing wear. so the part I'm not sure of is do they go against the tub? Or on the outside of the bearing cages? I assume outside of the bearing cages closest to the wheels??? Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks sherman
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 01-23-2019 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Language

I have the drawing for antell bracket the lives outside of the machine and ties all them Rer axles together if you know someone with a plasma table or a water jet they can just blow two of them out for you
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

I made synthetic bearings/extensions for my max II project and ordered enough material to make a set me for max IV the next time I replace the bearings.

I've seen others do similar and even adair has made some.

Ya i have dual Adair synthetics on mine tied together with the steel rail in between them check out my Facebook page for more info let me know if you need the drawings
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9673280&type=3
    Last edited by countrycummins99; 01-23-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

just a thought ...for some feedback. how well would it work if before a axle was installed in the tub , a extra outer flange and bearing were slid on the axle and then long bolts ( 3 ) the right length would be installed from in the tub thru the first bearing flange then a nut and locks to tighten to the tub , then another nut and washer spaced out further , slip the outer flange and bearing on and tighten with nuts and locks. it would need to be all thread bolts and the outer bearing could be as close to the hub as possible for extra support. basically a outer bearing supported by the three tub flange bolts. j.b.

MAX II 30HP Bandolero

hey country..nice job and that's a great way to do it . extending the tub bearing out adds that axle support . i may just incorporate that system on the max 2 highboy ! thanks for the pics , johnboy va.

No problem John it really reduces the amount of moment the axle has
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Awesome job thanks for the picks.

I just posted a pair of axle support brackets identical to those pictured above for sale in the for sale section. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread