replacement tires for 2007 Avenger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: replacement tires for 2007 Avenger

replacement tires for 2007 Avenger

Hello
    i could not find the answer to my questions in previous posts so here is my problem
    I have a 2007 Argo avenger with Rawhide AT 25X11.5-9 TIRES. I am looking for a spare and found that this type of tires are discontinued. What should i use as a spare and in the future buy more pdf the same as needed considering that I run super tracks in the winter. I am afraid to buy a different size that could cause me problems by been mismatched
    Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated and by the way I am in Canada so some of the tires available in the US may not be available here.

Quote Originally Posted by CACCIATORE View Post
    Hello
    i could not find the answer to my questions in previous posts so here is my problem
    I have a 2007 Argo avenger with Rawhide AT 25X11.5-9 TIRES. I am looking for a spare and found that this type of tires are discontinued. What should i use as a spare and in the future buy more pdf the same as needed considering that I run super tracks in the winter. I am afraid to buy a different size that could cause me problems by been mismatched
    Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated and by the way I am in Canada so some of the tires available in the US may not be available here.
    There are lots of the old Rawhide tires available used because the newer argo tires are so much better. Canada is a big country . I live in south east Ontario. What part of the Dominion are you in?

Flin Flon North of Manitoba. Do you think I can Use Rawhide 25x12-9 without damaging anything when on tracks?
    Last edited by CACCIATORE; 08-21-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Flin Flon North of Manitoba. Do you think I can Use Rawhide 25x12-9 without damaging anything when on tracks?
    I have 5 11.5 tires here in NJ though not much help to you. 11.5 tires are taller and slightly narrower than the 12s, if you use them match them in pairs.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    I have 5 11.5 tires here in NJ though not much help to you. 11.5 tires are taller and slightly narrower than the 12s, if you use them match them in pairs.
    Should not be the 12 taller? I still have hard time with the tire sizes...

Should not be the 12 taller? I still have hard time with the tire sizes...
    I have never know Argo Jim to be wrong anyway but this time is no exception. The 25 indicates the supposed tire diameter, the 12 or 11.5 indicates the tire width and the 9 indicates the rim diameter (all in inches!!) not metric.But , many tires with a supposedly larger tire diameter actually measure smaller than one with an indicated smaller diameter,go figure. Be sure to mount the tires as per the manual (Largest in front etc. etc.)
    Jim. Help me out. What do you mean,"match them in pairs?"

Thank you for the explanation. By matching in pair i mean to put a 25 12-9 tire on each side of the machine

having different size or different tire in general on an axle will create a stress or a binding of some sort on that length of chain and bearings.despite me having 1 duro tire on my machine while the rest being smoothed out runamucks i haven't found much problem. more or less a precaution i would think.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    I have never know Argo Jim to be wrong anyway but this time is no exception. The 25 indicates the supposed tire diameter, the 12 or 11.5 indicates the tire width and the 9 indicates the rim diameter (all in inches!!) not metric.But , many tires with a supposedly larger tire diameter actually measure smaller than one with an indicated smaller diameter,go figure. Be sure to mount the tires as per the manual (Largest in front etc. etc.)
    Jim. Help me out. What do you mean,"match them in pairs?"
    I've been wrong many times, thanks though. Tires same size on same axle to help machine track straight, and yes like Warren says follow diameter charting for tracks.

Read Hydromike's reply here.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...ger-tires.html

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

i haven't found a Rawhide or Runamuck that was consistent in diameter. I have seen as much as 2" difference in circumference. For tracks I would recommend trying to match the pairs by circumference and adjust the pressure to get them close then use the the recommended larger to smaller diameter location per the track manufacturer.
    Acta non verba

+ Reply to Thread