Old style lower tub

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old style lower tub

Old style lower tub

My max ii has the old style lower tub, I was wanting to eventually run 24 or 25 inch tires but it's looking pretty tight around the front tires(22x11-8). I'm sure there's some droop going on. How much space should there be around the tire and those bulges on either side on the the old style lower? Is it forgiving enough to heat it and push it back some for the clearance to fit 24s or 25s? Or is the old style tub pretty much going to limit me to 22s without doing extensive reshaping/rebuilding?
    DanW

Quote Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
    My max ii has the old style lower tub, I was wanting to eventually run 24 or 25 inch tires but it's looking pretty tight around the front tires(22x11-8). I'm sure there's some droop going on. How much space should there be around the tire and those bulges on either side on the the old style lower? Is it forgiving enough to heat it and push it back some for the clearance to fit 24s or 25s? Or is the old style tub pretty much going to limit me to 22s without doing extensive reshaping/rebuilding?
    I'd say from the experience I have that your probably limited to 22s at the biggest with that style lower.

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    I'd say from the experience I have that your probably limited to 22s at the biggest with that style lower.
    That's good to know, thank you. I kept reading 24" Argo tires will fit but after mounting my new tires I thought to myself it's awful close up front to fit another inch or two of tire without rubbing. It kind of makes me feel a little better about these skinny deestone tires, if they were as wide as they should be I think they would cause issues up front.
    DanW

+ Reply to Thread