brake bands

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: brake bands

brake bands

Somebody wrote about the bolts on the band clevis's being too short after replacing the bands in the t20 tranny, well i came across the same issue when i rebuilt my tranny. Before I installed the new bands I checked the thickness agents the old ones and they where the same thickness, i didn't check the width or the length so i'm wondering if one of those is the issue. I had to put a 1/2 inch longer bolt in so i had at least that in the plunger, I also noticed that the plungers are in about 5/8 of an inch if not more, my concern is the o-rings on the plungers going in to far. I got the bands from 6x6.com has any body else had any issues with these?

I haven't started the machine that's coming in the next couple days, but i had to adjust the bolts out to get some travel on the sticks and that put some slop in the travel.

Got mine from Richards but I think they were advertised "new stronger thicker style". I saved my old bolts for if the new ones get too long after a few adjustments. I don't think the o rings will be an issue unless I let it get way out of adjustment, they don't seem to move all that much after my final adjustment after it was installed. I haven't test run it yet though because I've been being a little girl about the cold and haven't finished all the little nit pick stuff.
    Last edited by Dw89xj; 01-24-2020 at 05:43 AM.
    DanW

I too have ran into the same dilemma.im going to start my rebuild for the first time sat and test the tranny .I bought 1 inch longer bolts for mine

I test drove my Max 2 after my tranny rebuild and the bands worked good I might have to adjust them a bit but not sure i want to put some more time on and check for leaks at the plungers cause that's my biggest concern. Has anybody else tested theirs yet?

Also I have the sticks adjusted so they don't interfere with installing the floor board.

Quote Originally Posted by motor head View Post
    I test drove my Max 2 after my tranny rebuild and the bands worked good I might have to adjust them a bit but not sure i want to put some more time on and check for leaks at the plungers cause that's my biggest concern. Has anybody else tested theirs yet?
    Mines had fluid in it since my rebuild and I rolled it all around putting it in my Max and no leaks yet, I have not test drove yet.
    DanW

My wife test drive mine, so far so good. Il get some more extensive testing after I finish my seat this week.
    DanW

+ Reply to Thread