Max II windshield

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II windshield

Max II windshield

I purchased my Max 2 used with a windshield that seems to have been converted to fixed upright. Instead of a piano hinge it is mounted on a solid L bracket. It has 2 rubber stops on the hood so I believe it was once a factory folder. I ordered a stainless steel piano hinge from Amazon and want to make it foldable once again. Does anybody have pics of the original windshield set up. How is it held upright and is it secured down when in the down position. I have the piano hinge on order and am trying to figure out what else I will need to finish the setup.IMG_20200621_125938.jpg
    Attached Images

it's held upright with 2 pieces of aluminum tubing . on each end are hardware pieces used on boat canopy's . when you get a picture of how it's set up , you can get the tubing and hardware pieces ( deck hinges and eye ends ) from bimini boat canopy hardware co. check them out on the internet. look for the pics of eye ends and deck hinges, etc. i'm sure someone will shoot a picture on here . i think it's about 5/8 '' or so o.d. tubing . let me know if you need more info after you see a picture . johnboy va.

Here is what I have
    Attached Images
    Hold My B..R and Watch This!!!

also check out etrailer.com for all the parts . j.b.

I realize its been nearly a year since this thread started, but one idea I toyed with was using Jeep door hinges for a lexican glass windshield. It would allow for flipping the windshield up/down, or if desired, completely removed with ease. I believe they were secured with small bimini support rods, but I don't know for sure. Ultimately, I decided to build a frame for my max2 that can be removed easily and allows for a cover with a clear vinyl windshield that I can roll up or remove. I've got the frame built, and the fabric should arrive today, but I am still working on it and I plan to post a thread that details the work done.

sounds great...looking forward to some pictures . someone will probably see it and love the design and will add it to their machine . j.boy

+ Reply to Thread