I hate this hobby

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I hate this hobby

I hate this hobby

I was forced to buy another Max last Fri. The price was right $150. All I wanted was the T-20 for the MaxIV springer. It also had a factory windshield in perfect shape and a factory roll bar. If anyone's interested in the JLO 295, you can have it. Just pay the freight. Just PM me. The top shell is already out with the trash to be picked up Mon.

Whipper
    Attached Images

Some of the purists might be interested in those chrome light bezels too.
    Banned

JLO

I would really like to have the engine. I am trying to piece together spare stuff to make a light duty Attex for my daughter. Thanks!

Is that a #40 or #50 driveline in that machine? I need some spare #50 max stuff.

i would just like to find a cheap max iv lol dang somebody trashing max stuff how much is the shipping on the rest of it lol
    Last edited by ridge rat; 09-07-2008 at 10:50 PM.

Whipper,

Seeing that Max IV body on the curb makes me kind of sad. I wish I were closer I'd pick it up and give it a good home.

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Quote Originally Posted by micmac View Post
    Whipper,

Seeing that Max IV body on the curb makes me kind of sad. I wish I were closer I'd pick it up and give it a good home.

Mike
    Don't feel sad about this one, If you saw it up close, it's Junk. The bottom is full of cracks and pucture wounds, beyond repair.

Whipper

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Don't feel sad about this one, If you saw it up close, it's Junk. The bottom is full of cracks and pucture wounds, beyond repair.

Whipper
    Hmmm....darn plastic bodies.....That is why I sooo like fiberglass body...

Either way as long as you got your investment out in parts that is the main thing. I know I would like to find a second machine for parts.

Funny thing I notice people talking about frames here. My Muscateer has no frame inside except a steel frame for the motor and transmission. The axles are bolted to the tub alone, no frame.

OH ya....What is a a JLO engine? Mine is a Tecumseh....
    Last edited by Mike; 09-08-2008 at 11:58 AM.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

I Hate This Hobby

I'm starting to agree with Whipper. I've just purchased another Argo. That makes three now. The wife thinks I have to many toys now. Three Argo's, an Elan snow machine, a Honda quad, and a Passe Par Tout. I think it's just starting to get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by greggv2007 View Post
    I'm starting to agree with Whipper. I've just purchased another Argo. That makes three now. The wife thinks I have to many toys now. Three Argo's, an Elan snow machine, a Honda quad, and a Passe Par Tout. I think it's just starting to get interesting.
    That's a really good start, Greggy. There's no such thing as too many toys, especially if they float!

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread