Meh Max too

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Meh Max too

Hybrid View

After thinking about it all night, I?m gonna reinstall the track and try running the tires at a lower psi. I?m gonna try 3/5/3 and see if that helps. I reread your last post Facemelter and 5/6/5 may have my tires rounded out too much, they?re rawhides.

Edit: I also replaced the chinee spark plug with a Champion plug. It’s starting up and running fine now. We’ll see what it does today.

I appreciate the help, everyone!

So I did a little research and there was a guy on U toob that went over how he does his trouble shooting. He recommends disconnecting all the kill wires to eliminate the possibility that it’s a bad switch or grounded out wire. So, I’ll be trying that when I get the time next week.

Good idea. Also, Harbor Freight sells an in-line spark checker that works awesome for troubleshooting.

https://www.harborfreight.com/in-lin...ker-63590.html

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    Good idea. Also, Harbor Freight sells an in-line spark checker that works awesome for troubleshooting.

https://www.harborfreight.com/in-lin...ker-63590.html

I’m definitely going to be getting one. I used to have one, but I broke it.

I haven’t messed with it, I’m trying to finish my hunting truck build before I start working on another project.

That makes much more sense, thank you! As far as I can tell, no accessories are on. I should probably test the regulator to see if it has a parasitic draw. I have a 16 horse Briggs. Thinking I will probably have to upgrade to a larger engine due to the amount weight I will be carrying in the snow. Then I will add a alternator along with a spare battery. I just built a 4?x3? dog box for the back and I plan to have up to 6 hounds in it. That?ll be a easy extra 400lbs including a spare can of fuel, a chainsaw and tools.

Actually if the generator is turning slow it can/will show a slight discharge. Depends on how sensitive the gauge is. An easy fix if it is belt driven is to change the drive pulley to a smaller diameter.

I started making the backing plates for the tire guides. That?s turned out to be a fairly large pain in the ass and is taking longer than the tire guides did. I started stacking 8 plates and then placed a plate on each side of that stack, put a C-clamp on it then drilled the holes. Well half the time the top and bottom plate moves. So it doubled the amount of time it should take. But doing stacks of 8 is faster than doing them individually. I?ll post pictures tomorrow of how everything is turning out. I put 8 or 10 guides on last week to see how it?s going to work out. It should be just fine.

That?s entirely possible, Jim! I changed the coil and spark plug out at the same time because it was doing the same thing. It started up and ran like a champ for half an hour or so. I shut it down and the next morning it was doing it again. I did use a cheap chrinees plug though. I?ll be replacing the plug Friday when I get home, to test my theory of the crappy plug going out because it was hot and then cooled too quickly. If that doesn?t fix it then it will have to be the plug wire or coil.

I?m just confused because it will run just fine if the plug wire can arc onto the top of the spark plug.

I started making the backing plates for the tire guides. That?s turned out to be a fairly large pain in the ass and is taking longer than the tire guides did. I started stacking 8 plates and then placed a plate on each side of that stack, put a C-clamp on it then drilled the holes. Well half the time the top and bottom plate moves. So it doubled the amount of time it should take. But doing stacks of 8 is faster than doing them individually. I?ll post pictures tomorrow of how everything is turning out. I put 8 or 10 guides on last week to see how it?s going to work out. It should be just fine.

I finished assembling the tracks and installed them. I made a couple doughnuts and went for a test drive around the house. I didn?t make it past the first turn lol. The Driver side track came right off. I had the tires all at 5 psi. I?m going to pull the tire guides and flip them around so the 4? side is up. I was afraid to install them that way because I didn?t know it 3? of contact with the track was enough. I guess I have no choice now Ha Ha Ha.

+ Reply to Thread