Considering a Max 2

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Considering a Max 2

Considering a Max 2

Hi everyone i recently have started looking at 6x6 vehicles. They appear to be easy to easier to maintain yourself than an ATV but it's my understanding that parts can be expensive. Is that accurate?

The one I'm looking at appears to be in decent shape but has a Cub cadet 14hp in there. I don't like the idea of an engine being swapped but it seems like worst case scenario I can just find a vanguard and drop it in where as with an ATV it would cost me thousands to rebuild or find a new engine.

Are parts still available for These?

How is traction in the snow without tracks?! What is a set of tracks for plowing snow going to run me all in?

Thanks

You can get tracks for them, but you need to make sure you have the propper wheel setup prior to putting tracks on. Tracks require certain tires as well as wheel spacers to extend the wheels out from the tub. About $2k for tracks alone, up to $3k for tires and spacers and shipping.

Other parts are available, but you have to search. 6x6parts.com and richards relics have parts for max II. Some parts are harder to find like windshields and covers.

With an older used machine a lot depends on how well it was looked after and maintained. But as a rule I would say these machines take a lot more wrench turning to keep running in top form than a ATV or side by side. In snow with just tires they are a blast, that is until it gets deep enough that the belly pan really starts dragging. Then its about time to push. Tracks can turn it into a whole different creature. But as with anything there are always trade offs so dig into the site as there is a treasure trove of info here.

Thank you for the response. Yes from what I can see 6x6parts.com has the essentials like wheel bearings and what not. I thought I also saw they had Max 2 tracks for ~1k but that did seem low.

Quote Originally Posted by MBubba View Post
    You can get tracks for them, but you need to make sure you have the propper wheel setup prior to putting tracks on. Tracks require certain tires as well as wheel spacers to extend the wheels out from the tub. About $2k for tracks alone, up to $3k for tires and spacers and shipping.

Other parts are available, but you have to search. 6x6parts.com and richards relics have parts for max II. Some parts are harder to find like windshields and covers.
    Thank you for the response. Yes from what I can see 6x6parts.com has the essentials like wheel bearings and what not. I thought I also saw they had Max 2 tracks for ~1k but that did seem low.

i believe richards are good tracks ... but i think they are best for snow , not so much for deep mud. once you have a max 2 and become familiar with them , they are not too difficult to work on . chains and bearings are easily available ,.also sprockets . relics seem to always have axles and hubs and other parts . and engine swap to a vanguard or harbor freights motors are'nt too hard either . good luck , johnboy va.

https://classifieds.rennug.com/class...dindex=5433897
    I do not know your location
    Not sure but i think he reduced it to $3000

Quote Originally Posted by jeffery9076 View Post
    https://classifieds.rennug.com/class...dindex=5433897
    I do not know your location
    Not sure but i think he reduced it to $3000
    Thank you I just picked one up. What do you make of the one in the ad?

+ Reply to Thread