heated throttle cable

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: heated throttle cable

Quote Originally Posted by blazenron View Post
    where can I buy a heated throttle cable any sudjestion for a max 2 the guy said that was the only problem with the machine it freezes in the cold
    Direct from the manufacturer: Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511

I use straight antifreeze to lube the cable. I Use to lube it with oil but the water would get in it and freeze anyway.

how important is the heated throttle cable?

i'm in the process of rebuilding my aatv and at the point of reassembly and am curious to how beneficial the heated throttle cable is. through RI the heated cable is around $65 or so compared to the non-heated cable at around $30. my question is, is it worth the money for the heated over the non-heated throttle cable and what are some of the downsides of not having the heated throttle cable if so?

Thanks
    Nate

I keep my cable housing filled with anti-freeze and have never had a problem since. Detach your cable at the carb, put a foot or so of rubber hose over the cable housing, blow some air through it to clear it out. Fill the hose with anti-freeze and push it in with more air. I usually flush it a few times. The final time I just push it until it dribbles out the front and then let it settle back down. I figure that anti-freeze is slippery, non-corrosive and can get half mixed with water before it tries to freeze. I do this each autumn.
    I film 6x6 Trail Ride Videos. jsschwab@localnet.com

heated throttle cable

went for a ride last night after doing some repairs/ took my dogs on there 3 mile run and half way threw my cable froze with the engine revved up what a ride. I had converted my throttle squeeze to a bike brake wich has a barrel end not a ball like it had when i got it. The throttle cable inards poped threw the crimped end. If you seen pics of bruiser you would see the exhuast going out the back not helping much on keeping the cable warm. My question can you get a barrel ended heated throttle cable from rec industries? Is the one from rec industries a ball end? If not thinking of some household heat tape and a inverter how can i keep the inverter dry. How long is rec ind cables i run my cable up between the motor and tranny

I think I'm going to get a syringe and inject the antifreeze into the line from the top the guy said he was using wd 40 on it but I'm not sure if wd40 may freeze up

Smile

I was trying to inject with the syringe but that does not work with the internal throttle cable in place so I am letting it drip in over night I just stuck in the syringe and let it slowly drip down I will see if this works if not I will have to remove the internal cable and inject
    Last edited by blazenron; 12-22-2009 at 10:04 PM.

FWIW: I leave mine on all the time if the temp is below 30 degrees. The other day it was -5 and the throttle froze up about two mins after turning the heater off.

If you live/use your machine where it gets cold, get the heated cable - it is cheap insurance.

Also, the manual says you can keep it on without damaging anything.

+ Reply to Thread