MaxIV HELP!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MaxIV HELP!

Thats what I was afraid of.

Got the engine pulled out and the shaft pulls out far enough to hit the body of the max. I spoke to Brandon at Your Nationwide Max ATV Dealer - New and Used Max and Argo Amphibious 6x6 ATVs - Sales, Service, Parts and will be sending it to them for a rebuild. This really sucks. This machine has very little use and I dont know what would cause this.
    Last edited by smokin cigarettes; 12-30-2008 at 07:00 PM.

Got the t20 pulled out and the shaft fell out. It sheared right at the splines.

Yep, there's a picture of that on Richard's Relics. There are different T-20 Versions, you would have the newer style, which has an unsupported shaft. I don't know what stress it takes to break it, or if it's prone to do so only if you also get a weaker shaft, but if you feel the need, Richard's does sell a kit to "Update" to the older supported shaft style, which is supposed to do away with this problem. However, My Wild Wolf has an unsupported newer style tranny, and I have not been gentle, with no problems thus far.(Knocking on wood till knuckles are swollen) I do think this is rare. Anyway, I'd recomend rebuilding the tranny yourself if you have any mechanical know-how. It's very simple, read the how too, and it's easier than the artilce makes it look, IMHO. Shipping that back and forth alone will be quite a bit of $$$
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Yep, there's a picture of that on Richard's Relics. There are different T-20 Versions, you would have the newer style, which has an unsupported shaft. I don't know what stress it takes to break it, or if it's prone to do so only if you also get a weaker shaft, but if you feel the need, Richard's does sell a kit to "Update" to the older supported shaft style, which is supposed to do away with this problem. However, My Wild Wolf has an unsupported newer style tranny, and I have not been gentle, with no problems thus far.(Knocking on wood till knuckles are swollen) I do think this is rare. Anyway, I'd recomend rebuilding the tranny yourself if you have any mechanical know-how. It's very simple, read the how too, and it's easier than the artilce makes it look, IMHO. Shipping that back and forth alone will be quite a bit of $$$
    I thought about doing it myself but dont want to spend the time ordering parts, shafts, and everything else. Shipping was $39 to him and he charges $125 labor and has all of the parts in stock. Its worth the extra money to me to have someone that does them all the time do it.

$39?? Wow, thats not bad. How did you ship it? I will hopefully have a T-20 coming in soon and would love to save some $$ I don't have
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

FedEx ground.. 73lbs

+ Reply to Thread