Changing engines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing engines

Changing engines

I am woundering about swapping engines on my max 2, what would be a good fit and what is all envolved, and does any body have any for sale??

What do you have now?

a 16 hp vangard

Want to upgrade motor

I was woundering what my options are on changing motors
    Ihave a 2002 max 2 with 16 vangard, I put on my true trax and thay work awsome but I NEED MORE POWER I was thinking of a 23 vangard but sonds like could be some work I talked to Richard at route 6x6 and he suggested a 20 that would bolt right in,does any body now if that would do the job to to give some more oomph!!!

The 23 has different heads, so your stock exhaust manifold wouldn't work. But I wouldn't want to settle for a 20 if buying new. The 23 also has a 50 amp charging system option.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

thanks rogers how moch do you think it would cost and whats all involved

*threads merged* No need for two separate threads on the same topic.

Question have new motor coming

guy's and gal's
    With alot of help from Dan the Man at RI he helped me make up my mind on swaping my 16hp vangard to a 23 Kohler for my maxII
    I orderd the whole ball of wax clutch/exhaust/wireing/ harness Dan hooked me up withevery thing cant wait tell monday when it get's deliverd
    Argohunter and I are going to drop it in next weekand and was woundering if anybody had any pic's or tips to make life easyer
    Ithink it should be a nice upgrade and THANK'S AGAIN DAN

*Threads merged again* Please just reply to this thread instead of starting a new thread every time you post. Thanks.

Congratulations on your new engine. Dan has helped me on numerous occasions as well. From the right parts to great advice, he and the guys at RI know their stuff.

Motor swap

Pondhopper, I,d be interested in the 16hp vangard if your selling it. I live in Moorhead Mn. Let me know. Thanks, Bob

+ Reply to Thread