My "New" Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My "New" Max II

My "New" Max II

Got My Max II last week.
    The pic is where I got it from.
    It has already gotten some TLC.
    On the other side, rear tire had hole, took it off of the rime stripped it down, painted Satin Black, added green slime, all is well, will go through all of them til I can get new ones this fall.
    Started stripping off black paint.
    new oil, correct spark plug, changed trans fluid.
    runs good, even got to drive for a bit, kids all taking turns, my 2 year old did not want to get out(even tough it died).
    Wants to Idle a little high, and after running for a bit and warms up it dies.
    I'm actually having fun, and I'm "hooked" fun machine.
    As I have questions, I'm going to start other threads, hopfully with titles that will aid others using the search.
    Never did find the Max II graphic on someones maxII, looked like MAX II with a cool "brush" look.
    searched for days, no matter have plan "b", and I'm a ways out for that.
    From the Far North,
    HP
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Heaven's Pavement; 07-02-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: needed the pic

Made progress, cleaned carberator, cleaned by electrolisis the gas tank , to remove rust, repainted gas tank.
    2 New fuel filters, and some carb adjustments.
    Starts right up now, and runs much, much better.
    took the kids for a ride, made my own trails in the yard, way too much fun.
    On the road the kids commented on "I did not think it would go this fast"
    Will have to clock with my gps.

If anyone is interested I'll post some pics....

we all like pics!

The boyz and I

Here is a couple of pics of some of the boys and I.
    The youngest has that look on his face because we stopped, he is the one that rides with me the most, have to shut the engine off before he will get out.
    The machine still needs some tlc, hopefully I'll get the help I need here.
    Sure is fun to drive.

Now the pics took, had to resize a few times...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Heaven's Pavement; 07-18-2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Pics did not work!?

Max II frame restoration progress

Some Pics of My Max II restoration progress.
    Its totally in pieces right now, frame had LOTS of cracks. Learned to wield on this project(more tools)
    I've had alot of fun , really, restoring this wee beasty.
    After replacing the carb the motor ran awsome, then the tear down.
    Well seasons are changing quicky here in Alaska and since my project is out side the pressure is on. We usually get snow my October 15th (bets down)and I do not know if I'll make it.
    Sure miss driving it, it drives me on
    Frame side view

Frame from rear view sports Richard relics chain tentioners(need to buy 2 more)

Serial number on frame, that was a cool find to me 4127my work schedule prevents me from getting ahold of RI and no email(that I am aware of) to find out year and maybe a little history

Top work to be done will post tub pic progress when my photographer hands over the pics.

Thank you GCW Photography.Glenda Christina Photography for taking pics you would rather not take
    Last edited by Mike; 09-07-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: fixed links to thumbnails

Nice progress. That is a really early model max II.

That'sCOOL,Looks like it is coming together nicely.Looks like the kids are loving it,That little maxll will create memorys that will last a life time.I have 3 different machines and the maxll is my favorite by far.

+ Reply to Thread