Center axel loose, Bearings?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Center axel loose, Bearings?

Center axel loose, Bearings?

Im just getting into a new project, a mid-70s max 340T the first problem ive found is the left center axel moves in and out about an inch and a half. What should I do to fix this? Im fairly certian that this issue wiped out the left jack-shaft that caused the last fella to unload this thing.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Shawn

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Are the set screws and lock collars tight?

the collar behind the tire is good and tight. I cant seem to locate a collar on the inside. Is there one behind the gears?

Does your machine have sprocket flanges with bolts through the axle? Are you sure the axle is moving and not the sprocket sleeve?

Its the axel. If you grab the hub {tire off} you can freely move the whole thing in and out and the sprocket sleeve moves with it. Im really kinda stumped.

Thanks

I just nwent and looked and There are flanges with bolts. They appear to be in order.

And its moving an inch or so? The inner bearing should have set screws, the outer has lock collars-right? Does the bearing remain still and the axle slide in and out?

I cant see the inner bearing assembly due to the sprocket assembly. If I reach down and feel it as I move the axel I dont feel anything but the shaft moving. Sounds like there should be some set screws down there huh? I guess im going to have to remove a bunch of parts so I can really get a good look down there.

Yeah, it seems to me that your set screws are loose. Check the outer bearing also because I'm thinking the lock collar isn't locked either, and this combination is allowing your axle to move.

Thanks for the info. I'll post a follow up on tues. telling what I find.

Thanks

Shawn

+ Reply to Thread