Need help with wiring.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help with wiring.

Hang in there

Hang in there Robinson, my my MaxII is in total pieces right now, lots of welding(metal/plastic) wrench time and clean clean clean,my the bottom of my tub has enough grease for a whole grease gun
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Question?.....
    Where is your solinoid mounted ?

Thanks heavens pavement. It is good to hear others are in the same position. I to spent about a day removing the large amount of grease in the bottom of the tub. Thats when I found all the holes in it. At least I can smile abouit it now.
    The selinoid is mounted to the motor stand next to the starter.
    Hope to get he starter off this weekend and take it in monday morning.

Solinoid placement

Robinson01 would you mind posting a pic with the solinoid me me and others in my shoes.
    Basic tub cleaning done.
    Found out that I need to replaces all 3 center rods that the Axles bushings go into and the log rod that goes through the jack gear
    Down but not out....

Sorry, I tried to post the pic taken from my blackberry and as i did so it wiped my cell out. Not sure what I did.
    Anyhow, that can be fixed.
    I appologize but I can only descride it. The solinoid is next to the motor, sitting on top of the back of portion of the motor stand. It is directly infront of the positive terminal of the battery. I will posted a pic as soon as I can.
    Not sure if that helps?

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Rob, probably the reason you can't get the starter back together is that the brushes are sticking out in the way. To fix this try bending some small wires to hold the brushes in place then once the armature is in place the wires can be pulled out which will allow the brushes to go into their correct position. This will be easier once the starter is off. I have the horrizontally opposed 18 hp Briggs, and the starter can be pulled without removing the flywheel on it, if this the case with yours then you should be able to do the same. Hope you get it going soon.

Thanks Brushcutter. With your help and everyone elses I was able to get it apart and back together this afternoon. I had a shop put it back together. I tried so many times to get it back together. Oh and yes it came of with out removing the fly wheel.
    Now thats is on it appears the starter solinoid is the issue. As I tested the starter. Anyone else have a solinoid go on them. Seems odd is all. Atleast it is cheap.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Mine does, take the one that is on your machine with you when you go to get the new one ,so you can get the right match, this will make installation easier.

Engine to frame to battery ground

Did you paint your engine stand? When I painted my MAX I was not getting a good ground from the engine to the frame to the battery. Try running a temporary ground the engine (clean the engine contact area first) to the battery ground and see if that helps. I ended up installing a cable from an engine bolt directly to the battery, It works great.
    I may look slow but....

+ Reply to Thread