It followed me home

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It followed me home

It followed me home

I stumbled on this the other day in Mesa, AZ. Not sure what year, the serial # is gone. It's an old one. Still has the early #40 chain, no inner bearings. Just bushings, but in excellent shape for its age. The body is faded , so it spent some time in the sun. Was filled with pine needles, so it must've been used up north somewhere. It still has the original Firestone balloon tires in good shape (no dry rot) & they all hold air, another giveaway that it was not used in the desert. REB181 & I got back @ 6 pm , oiled the chains, put fresh gas in it & after 2 pulls on the motor were driving it by 7:30 pm. It has an 11 hp Honda. If anyone is interested in the motor, pm me.

It really is in good shape for such an old machine. I guess, I felt sorry for it.

You can see in the last pic how the heat gun brought the color back in the right rear corner. Have to do the whole car now, I guess.

Whipper
    Attached Images

Whipper,

A heat gun sure does wonders on an older sun bleached tub , don,t it. I,ve used it on the Hustler,s that I,ve bought with good results.

Nice find, Whipper! It looks really good for it's age. Are you going to build another crazy fast machine out of this one too?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

These things multiply like rabbits.

Old Max

I had a pair of those ol' Max IIs back in 1977. I had to replace all the bushings and bearings on a real old one. The other was almost new. The little 295 JLOs performed pretty well but nothing like the 440 Kohler a good friends had in his. We really thashed em!
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

Very nice! We should have an old school max day. What's going to power this one?

BTW, We may end up in Yuma this winter to ride since my cousin and his business partner just opened a machine shop there.

Whipper plans on putting my old 14 hp Briggs in it. Could be a project for him & the grandson. It's been sitting for years. A few more months of sitting won't change it much.

Bridget

Checkout what the heat gun did for this Max. It came out awesome.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ksklyyy013.flv

Whipper
    Attached Images

That's amazing! Looks great!
    old school hustler
    02 superhawk

That's just a crazy difference. Jennifer did this to her brown Max IV body where it had turned white on the top leading edges but the results on this red body really take the cake. How much time did it take to do a whole body?

+ Reply to Thread