Just bought my 1st MAX II, a few questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just bought my 1st MAX II, a few questions

Just bought my 1st MAX II, a few questions

Here it is, my 1st 6X6. It is a 2001 red MAX II with rectangular lights (aparently red w/ square lights was a limited edition? or so I was told). Its also got the 18hp Vanguard Briggs in it. Anyway, anyone have any input on changing axle bearings? I need to do both outer bearings on the front.. also looking for an inexpensive exhaust option???? Any suggestions? Not really sure where to start with it, but should be a fun project.

A Few other questions:
    - What direction should tires be facing - one direction better for mud one for swimming?
    - How tight do you adjust chains?
    - Any info on what to maintain (I have greased all fittings that I could see...may be some hiding somewhere?)
    - Cheap exhaust option? Realy don't want to spend $140 for a muffler...
    - How do you tell if you are set up to run tracks?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by totalrex; 08-30-2009 at 10:51 AM.

briggs muffler

iam kindof acheep-o so i made a muffler for 18 bs eng from apropane bottle-drilled valves out then put in burn barrel to be sure all gas was out of bottle drilled 7/8 hole in each end.take apiece of conduit 4in. longer than tank and secure abaffel in middle(i used apipe plug)now drill a lot of 3/16 holes on each side of baffle make sure they will be inside of tank,now put pipein tank just short of other end and pack with course steel wool--do not over pack--now push through-center in tank and weld--you will now have a compact spark arestermuffler mine works well:it took me about 11/2hr. to make

If you will search this site, most of your questions can be answered.

Here's what you need to replace the bearings: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...placement.html
    Here's how to build your own exhaust: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/aatv-...-vanguard.html
    -Post a wanted ad in the wanted forum for the exhaust if you are just looking to purchase something instead of building it yourself.
    -Tires should be facing like this:

-Grease all 12 bearings and the two jackshafts
    -The square headlights aren't a limited edition. All newer max's manufactured after 1999 or 2000 (something like that) have square headlights.
    -chains should be adjusted with all tires off the ground. they should be tightened until they have ~1/4" play total

+ Reply to Thread