Is there suppose to be liquid in my Heated Throttle Cable?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there suppose to be liquid in my Heated Throttle Cable?

Is there suppose to be liquid in my Heated Throttle Cable?

Hi,

This is my first post. I just bought my first Max IV two days ago and am getting a crash course in AATV's.

This is my question. In looking around my Max, I see that my heated throttle cable has some type of liquid in it. That seems strange to me. Is it suppose to be in there to lub it or did water somehow get up in there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

I used to put anti-freeze in mine un-heated cables along with cable lube to help prevent freezing problems during the winter months. What does the stuff look like? To be on the safe side, if you can, blow out the cable line with an air hose (if you have a needle attachment for inflating basketballs and soccor balls an such) then use a quality cable lubricant to re-lube it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Hi,

This is my first post. I just bought my first Max IV two days ago and am getting a crash course in AATV's.

This is my question. In looking around my Max, I see that my heated throttle cable has some type of liquid in it. That seems strange to me. Is it suppose to be in there to lub it or did water somehow get up in there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott
    no probley water take it out drain it and lube it . roobbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Bought a machine that had a heated throttle cable that was not hooked up to the battery. Filled up the plastic tube with automotive windshield washer fluid. Has never frozen up even in the cold temps (alittle below 0), less toxic than antifreeze, inexpensive and even if alittle water gets in it just gets diluted in the mix.

Liquid

Thanks for the replies. The liquid is clear. But the thing that is most confusing is, it fills up the entire clear tube.

It goes almost all the way to the very top of the throttle cable. I would think if it was just water getting into the tube it wouldn't be all the way to the top of the control stick.

I guess I should drain it just to be on the safe side. I just didn't know if they ever came from the factory that way.

Thanks

Scott

Thanks for the replies. The liquid is clear. But the thing that is most confusing is, it fills up the entire clear tube.

It goes almost all the way to the very top of the throttle cable. I would think if it was just water getting into the tube it wouldn't be all the way to the top of the control stick.

I guess I should drain it just to be on the safe side. I just didn't know if they ever came from the factory that way.

Thanks

Scott
    nope take it out and drain it . the lube the crap out of it . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Thanks Robbie,

By the way. I was looking at pics of your windshield yesterday. Nice job!

Thanks Robbie,

By the way. I was looking at pics of your windshield yesterday. Nice job!
    thanks there nice in the winter but hot in the summer . i take it from your name you have a old cobrajet ford . great motors. (built ) .had one in a 76 f150 . 4x4 that ended lfe as a f 250 with 40 ground hogs on it . robbie

+ Reply to Thread