Fafnir Bearings for the MaxIV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fafnir Bearings for the MaxIV

Max Video Bearings

If you are sick and tired of bearing problems and water leaks around your max consider these bearings. They are made to work in wet and dirty enviornments. Part number is Fafnir (now Timken) G1104KRRb. I paid $47.77 a piece for them from motion industries but you can probaly get a better price if you do a search for the part number.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 09-23-2009 at 05:49 AM. Reason: so folks can see the video

Looks like a good deal - especially never having to fart with replacing again. Now did I understand the vid correctly in that you don't have to lube these either? Zero maintenance would make the higher price more than worth it. Just to be freed of having to wrestle with replacement years down the road is worth it. I've done that on my Max II and it only gets worse as the vehicle ages.

If/when I replace the tires & wheels on my "new' Max IV it would seem to be a no-brainer to upgrade all the bearings to these beefier units while I'm at it.

Keep us posted on how they perform for you. And thanks for the infomercial vid clip! LOL
    Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-23-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Lub

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Looks like a good deal - especially never having to fart with replacing again. Now did I understand the vid correctly in that you don't have to lube these either? Zero maintenance would make the higher price more than worth it. Just to be freed of having to wrestle with replacement years down the road is worth it. I've done that on my Max II and it only gets worse as the vehicle ages.

If/when I replace the tires & wheels on my "new' Max IV it would seem to be a no-brainer to upgrade all the bearings to these beefier units while I'm at it.

Keep us posted on how they perform for you. And thanks for the infomercial vid clip! LOL
    Harry they don't ever need to be lubed. You can also seal around the flanges with rope caulk to keep the water out out of your tub.

Change out the stock bearings, pack in some rope caulk and NEVER have to crawl around on the ground with a filthy grease gun, knee-walking from one axle to the next EVER again?!?! Why... it's like a DREAM come true!!!

Count me in!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood02 View Post
    Thanks for the link!

it appears as though those brgs may not have the same quality of seals as those from Timkins ,but they are good quality and are greasable ( dont forget to line up the grease hole in brg with the grease nipple in the houseing)

1970's MaxIV

Would these work in a 1970's vintage Max IV? The serial number off my MaxIV is 5564, is there any way to tell what year it is, and what bearing and flange it takes?
    John
    Last edited by collij; 09-27-2009 at 05:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread