Max Power required.. Pls advise..

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max Power required.. Pls advise..

Max Power required.. Pls advise..

Folks..

Need some advice on an MAXII ..??

Is a good running 16HP Briggs good enough power to run a set of tracks on a MAXII for snow conditions.

I understand it on the low side of the power range, has anyone done it with a 16HP.. I really need some feedback before I go spending a lot of money on bigger motor..

Would really love to hear from someone who has this set-up and their thoughts on the subject,, or even from an Argo guy with the same motor power and tracks.

Cheers

Max.
    Maxheadroom..!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxheadroom View Post
    Folks..

Need some advice on an MAXII ..??

Is a good running 16HP Briggs good enough power to run a set of tracks on a MAXII for snow conditions.

I understand it on the low side of the power range, has anyone done it with a 16HP.. I really need some feedback before I go spending a lot of money on bigger motor..

Would really love to hear from someone who has this set-up and their thoughts on the subject,, or even from an Argo guy with the same motor power and tracks.

Cheers

Max.
    go ahead and get the 600 racing bandolero engin more power that u will ever use .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Not Ready For Race Engine Just Yet..

Im Just Afraid The 16hp Will Not Be Enough, Although Thats All They Used For Years And Years..
    Maxheadroom..!!

Not Ready For Race Engine Just Yet..

Im Just Afraid The 16hp Will Not Be Enough, Although Thats All They Used For Years And Years..
    the 16 will be weak so i have heard . on maxruels vid there is a IV with a 18 . it looks underpowered . u can pm mike about the 600 he has 2 robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Thanks Robbie..

I Just Need A Little Nudge To Spend Some Money..

Max
    Maxheadroom..!!

Thanks Robbie..

I Just Need A Little Nudge To Spend Some Money..

Max
    sweetttttttttt. i'm going to up grade the IV when i get back from busco . the 23 k will not be stock no more . spendmoney . got the frog to fix and the IV mods the the ii . ant life grand robbie

my Max IV was definatly under powered w/ 16hp and tracks so i cut off the main driven sprocket and had a 4 tooth larger main driven sprocket welded in place and it solved the prob ,however i sacraficed some top speed in doing so , top speed is about 14 mph now, but way more power ,i'm now considering doing it to my others ,less speed more power ,,,,,Yaaaa

While I have a 23 hp. in my Max II I learned just prior to installing them that removing the front drive chains will increase power as it allows the back two axles to power the tracks and lets the front wheels serve as "idlers" to cover differences in wheel diameters caused by different sized tires(even tiny differences) and distortion of low inflated tires when running over objects.Unless the wheels are precisely the same diameter(and they won't be) it will cause binding as the different wheels turn in the tracks with different circumferences.It worked great as the back two axles were more than adequate to turn the tracks.That said when I run in deep heavy snow I still wished I had more power.I would think a 16 hp. would be light but in many types of going would still work.I have found no matter what you have for power there will be times more is better.

+ Reply to Thread