Winch/Brush Guard Roll Bar Mounts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winch/Brush Guard Roll Bar Mounts

Question Winch/Brush Guard Roll Bar Mounts

Hi All,
    I want to attach the above mentioned accesories to my Maxi II. I was wondering how everyone else attached these things to the plastic body. Are mounts available for them or does everyone fab up their own? Any Suggestions?
    Rick

There is a winch mount and roll bar available from the factory. The winch mounts on the front of the upper body and has a reinforcing back plate inside the body in front of the gas tank. The roll bar mounts through the upper body behind the seat and ties into a sub-frame/cross support that bolts to the body. (look in the gallery for pictures).

When people build their own roll bars/cages they usually either mount the cage to an angle iron body band (see the how-to section) or mount it to a flange that is then bolted through the upper body.

Again, if you browse the gallery you will get plenty of ideas.

Talking Hope this helps you .. HOGWILD 1972 MaxII

I just uploaded some pics to my profile( HOGWILD ).SORRY SO ROUGH LOOKING I just finished the welds on the roll cage and the front rack.!!! lol Ill tell you a little about it, Im learning to weld . My plans are to have the body done in camo Realtree AP That Im getting from (Deep creek camo ) I tried the fusion paint it wont stick. I have 25x12x9 Maxxis Mudbugs ( old style not the new raidals )with Matt O's 9'' rims.Hallogen lights front and back,racks front and back,the wench is removable so it can go on the front or the back. Im putting on a bikini top that will match the body.500 watt marine stereo,led strobes,the front seat is removable for 2 people and switched out with a racing seat when alone. I really plan on giving the mud guys on there 4 wheelers a hard time,and im sure they wont be calling us bathtubs on wheels any longerLOL The motor is a 20 command Kohler and she wont be stockI know someones going to ask how you going to run all that suff with a little battery,Well Ill have a car alt. and an Optima battery so it wont be a problem.I hope this helps any body looking for some new mods to there toy!!!
    I want to thank all the people on here that have helped me with advice and in putt. ( on the phone or in person )

Cell: 256-508-0632 North-Central ALABAMA( Huntsville Area)
    Quote Originally Posted by sc.biker View Post
    Hi All,
    I want to attach the above mentioned accesories to my Maxi II. I was wondering how everyone else attached these things to the plastic body. Are mounts available for them or does everyone fab up their own? Any Suggestions?
    Rick
    I bought a winch mounting kit from an on-line source called R....Relicks...(mispelled on purpose) I still ended up having to modify it to the point that it would have been better for me to have made it myself.

If you make your own be carefull where you get your metal. I went through a heck of a lot of drill bits before I found out that the metal I was using was stainless steel plate. I do not recommend using stainless steel. stainless is way too hard to work with.

I found it far easier to mount a winch on a MAX II with the gas tank removed.
    I painted my winch mounting hardware flat black and it looks real good to me.
    If you want photos I can send you some.

If you decide to paint your winch mounting hardware black like I did...I suggest that you apply some Black silicone caulking around all the screws, bolts and holes you had to drill to make it water tight
    Last edited by jbies; 10-01-2009 at 09:47 PM.

If you make your own be carefull where you get your metal. I went through a heck of a lot of drill bits before I found out that the metal I was using was stainless steel plate. I do not recommend using stainless steel. stainless is way too hard to work with.

hi if you want a s.s plat all you have to do is SLOW DOWN i weld drill mechine it all the time . ife i'm driling a 3/8 hole i'm some where around 200 to 240 rpm. and pleanty of oil or coolent the key is speed and coolent on s.s then it 's easy . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Quote Originally Posted by wildtexasranger View Post
    I just uploaded some pics to my profile( HOGWILD ).SORRY SO ROUGH LOOKING I just finished the welds on the roll cage and the front rack.!!! lol Ill tell you a little about it, Im learning to weld . My plans are to have the body done in camo Realtree AP That Im getting from (Deep creek camo ) I tried the fusion paint it wont stick. I have 25x12x9 Maxxis Mudbugs ( old style not the new raidals )with Matt O's 9'' rims.Hallogen lights front and back,racks front and back,the wench is removable so it can go on the front or the back. Im putting on a bikini top that will match the body.500 watt marine stereo,led strobes,the front seat is removable for 2 people and switched out with a racing seat when alone. I really plan on giving the mud guys on there 4 wheelers a hard time,and im sure they wont be calling us bathtubs on wheels any longerLOL The motor is a 20 command Kohler and she wont be stockI know someones going to ask how you going to run all that suff with a little battery,Well Ill have a car alt. and an Optima battery so it wont be a problem.I hope this helps any body looking for some new mods to there toy!!!
    I want to thank all the people on here that have helped me with advice and in putt. ( on the phone or in person )
    Did you have to do any mods to get the 25 mudbugs on your maxll.

25 '' tires

Coosaridgerrider,
    Yes you have to heat up the lower body with a heat gun and use a 2x10 to stretch (reshape the lower body) I have an 1 3/4 space from the top of the tires to the bottom of the tub.. You only have to do the front and middle tire to get the 25's under you Max II. This is what I did and its an easy mod.

1 . Let all the air out of the 25's (pull the valve stems) and mount to your axles

2 . Start with a 1x10 and smash the tires down and fit the board on top of the ties as far in as you can up under the bottom of the fender ( you will get about 3/4 the board under it NP)Replace the valve stems now!!!!!!

3 . Start with your heat gun on the inside of your tub working all over the side and top of the fender to heat it up( Be carefull not to stay in 1 place to long ) try to get some of the heat under the fender too. You dont want to melt the plastic just get it hot so you can reshape the fenders.

4 . If the fender is good and hot now start to blow the tires up to about 4 psi(both tires )and let stand for about 20 min.

5 . Now let the air out again and pull the valve stems again.

Start all over again with the 2x10 after you get about 3 pounds of air in it this time let the air out again and shove the 2x10 in as far as it will go and keep the heat going and air it up to about 7psi. Keep the heat going and let it stretch ( if thats the right word ) Let it stay that way over night.

6 . Let the air out and remove the board, air back up to 2 psi. Your done and now your 25's fit your Max II. IF YOU HAVE AN OUTSIDE MUFFLER (UNDER THE LEFT REAR SIDE) YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND A SMALLER MUFFLER OR GO WITH INSIDE MUFFLER FOR THIS TO WORK.Yes you can leave the upper body on when you do this mod.. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT !!!!!!
    After you do this check every now and then to make sure the body hasnt dropped back down so far mine hasnt but better to be safe than sorry ,right!

wildtexasranger, that was a great walk through for a simple-yet-effective method for remolding an HDPE tub in order to squeeze on bigger tires. Hey Mike, how about making this a sticky in the "How-To" section??

You don't happen to have pics of the process, do you??

Thanks Dirty !!!

I cant take the credit for this one ,I got the idea from Tory G. THANKS to him for telling me how to do this.. Tory has or had the Black max II. Ill tell you this if it wasnt for a lot of the guys and gals on this site I would of been lost a long time ago. Now HOGWILD is coming along just as I had hoped for,NOT just a pic in my head!!!!!! lol

+ Reply to Thread