Homemade Tracks for MaxII

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Tracks for MaxII

Tracks

Thanx,That would be great.Gonna start shopping for used tracks.

The inside measurement of mine was 159 1/4 inches that is measuring the distance around on the inside. I took this measurement as best I could as they lay on the bench.They will be on the machine within the week and I'll "doublecheck" the measurement to see if I get the same.

99MAx2

I found a guy that has the wheel guides for $6.00 each including the bolts. figure it will take about 80 guides..

I have been away on Vac so I have not responded to the thread..

Where do u live .. I'm in Ontario and that is where that supplier is as well.

Sure wish Anphibman would post those pics like he said he would..????

Stay in touch on your progress , I just may build a set along with you ..

Cheers
    Maxheadroom..!!

I counted the aluminum guides on my RI tracks and there are 124.Where in Ontario is the supplier for the guides?I'm in New Brunswick but my brother lives in Sarnia.The supplier "Archibalds" for the top is also somewhere in Ontario.

Wow.. that sound like a lot more guides than i expected..

Are the tracks u have from RI the older style or the newer all rubber.??

This is the Web site in Ontario that would sell me their wheel guides...hitchatrack.com
    Maxheadroom..!!

Tracks

Thanks Eldon,gonna make shopping for tracks easier.

The tracks are the new (2003) all rubber,Thanks for the link.The guides are actually quite a fancy sculptured aluminum,very smooth edges.When I read your estimate of 80 guides I said there can't be that many but it was 31 per side per track.........31x4=124.

Don't make any final cuts in material prior to me getting my trcks installed as I want to take a closer look at the tracks to see if my measurement is the same with them on. I want to devise a more accurate way to measure.It would be quite critical to have measurement very close.

Eldon..

What is "Archibalds"..??
    Maxheadroom..!!

LOL Archibalds is the name of the manufacturer of my all weather protection canvas top for my Max II in the information it is listed as the supplier to RI and they are somewhere in Ontario.

+ Reply to Thread