Bearings VS frame !! ?????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bearings VS frame !! ?????

Bearings VS frame !! ?????

I got a new frame form RR couple weeks ago, spent lots of time a money. Its now painted and ready for install.

I took my existing rotted rusted frame out, then found out that RR sold me a small bearing frame ( all twelve are the same size

The existing frame has larger outter bearings, come to find out. So now Im stuck with a big problem?!

New shinny frame small bearings style

New shinny small bearings

And one tub with holes for the larger bearings !!!!

Please help before I have a heart attack

I should explain it like this the frame, and bearing plates I have dont line up with the larger hole pattern in the body i have. Can i elongate the holes in the body? how about sealing it. the edge of the bearing flange will be pretty close to the edge of the old holes.

I wouldn't use the smaller bearings and flanges on the tub with the holes for larger bearings since you would have to elongate the holes in the body to where the flanges would be so close to the edge of the hole.

You could get a new lower tub from the manufacturer and ask to see if the holes can be cut for smaller bearings (Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511) or you can possibly get the larger bearings and enlarge the outer holes in the frame so that they fit and match the holes in the body? I'm not sure if the holes are in different locations of if they are just different diameters. I assumed that when Recreatives went to larger bearings they just enlarged the holes in the same location but from your description it sounds like the holes aren't just larger for the larger bearings but they are actually located in a different place in the frame too?

If that's the case then I would send the frame back and get the correct one or sell this frame to someone else and find another frame somewhere else or again, from the manufacturer.

Just thinking out loud...

do you know how much a lower body cost? What would be the worst the would happen with the enlogated holes?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeNchoke4x4 View Post
    do you know how much a lower body cost? What would be the worst the would happen with the enlogated holes?
    I don't know. You can call them and just get a price. I don't think they are very expensive but what kills you is the shipping. As for the elongated holes, I don't know what would happen there either. I just imagine long term that the tub will probably tear since there isn't much body there to support it.

Small Bearing Frame

Ok What Are You Going To Do With The Frame? I Have The Small Bearing Frame And Rr Sent Me The Wrong Bearings....i Found Out That The The Small Bearing Frame Are 94 And Older ( They Say) But When I Just Bought My Max Iv I Was Told It Was A 99...........i Might Be Interested In Buying If The Price Is Right. . I Looking Because Of The Rot On My Frame........

Smile framed????

Who is RR?

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    Who is RR?
    Richards Relics?

+ Reply to Thread