Max Plow Mount Ideas

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max Plow Mount Ideas

Max Plow Mount Ideas

OK, so I had had the Harbor Freight whinch on the Max II for a few weeks now and though it does add something to the "badassness" of the look the reason for mounting it was to run a snow plow. It's now October here in ohio and the snow will fly anytime. I have a snow blade I can modifiy to fit but I need help with the mounting brackets.

From pictures I have seen it looks as though theres basically to brackets that stick out slightly in front of the Max and the plow just pivots on some pins. Easy enough.

What I have not sorted out is exactly how to mount these brackets (Can't seem to find any good pics of the factory setup.)

I pulled the tires off today to grease everything up and was pondering ideas of how to do this. As I understand it the factory bracket setup spans across the front 2 axles on each side somehow bolting onto (over/under?) the flanges. My idea (not knowing how this factory setup worked exactly) was to replace the bolts around the flange with some longer grade 8 bolts and spacers (just enough to keep the bracket off the flange) of some sort use them as standoffs to bolt a piece of Jr. Channel (think an I-beam split longways - C channel?) with the bolt pattern drilled out and a clearance hole for the axle in the center (maybe a slot so it could be put on without pulling axles? Might take away to much strength). You could use some nice heavy steel for this and would not be much more effort to span across all 3 axles for added strength.

So does anyone have any thoughts on this? Think it might work?

I used my Picasso like skills in MS paint to make a rough (not to scale) drawing of what I meant, what does everyone think?
    Attached Images

I may be tearing my machine down for service this weekend getting ready to install the tracks.When I get the wheels off it I'll take some explicit pictures and post them for you.My machine has bearing cages but the bracket is clearly visible at the front axle flange.It only is mounted on the front axle.

Snowplow Brackets

I MADE MY SNOWPLOW BRACKET THE SAME WAY , BUT JUST FOR THE FRONT WHEELS. I DON`T HAVE A SLOT IN MINE(WANTED TO KEEP THE STRENGTH OF THE 3/8 PLATE). I HAVE TO PULL THE AXLE OFF TO INSTALL. AND I USED NEW LONGER GRADE 8 BOLTS......THEN A BAR TIES THE 2 TOGETHER AND HAS BRACKETS THAT I ATTACH THE PLOW TO. I DIDN`T USE A WINCH MINE IS HYDRALIC. IT`S ACTUALLY A 6' JOHN DEERE PLOW I ADAPTED TO FIT. I`M ALMOST DONE GETTING IT TOGETHER AND I`M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SNOW FALLING.

When plowing with tracks it has a rail on each side tying all three axles together this is helpful for the plow but actually for added strength for the tracks.This can only be done though with wheel extensions and bearing cages.

I have used mine but usually use my tractor which has a shuttle shift for fwd/rev. The Max certainly moves snow but in tight spots with a lot of fwd and reverse I find the T-20 is more cumbersome to get into reverse than my tractor.

I don't have tracks, and I undersstand that will limit my ability when it comes to plowing. So maybe I am going overboard trying to make something that spans all 3 axles... hmm...

It will plow with wheels,quite well actually.

Well, I had a friend over last night for dinner (machinist friend of mine). Showed him my design and the Max itself. We took some measurements and he's going to make the bracket up for me.

I'll have to take some good pictures of the bracket and installation. I know threads like that have been invaluable to me in the past .

Next step start modifying the snow blade I have to fit

snow plow mounts

You Need To Use 3/8 Plate............the C Channel Will Not Work Unless You Have Spaced Out Your Wheels...i`m Doing A Plow Kit Now . I Had To Add Longer Bearing Bolts Also To Hold My 3/8to The Side. So If Your Planing To Mount It Down All 3 Wheels You Are Going To Need 24 Longer Bolts 4 On Each Wheel................i`d Try And Put A Piece Of C Channel Between The Body And Wheel. On My Max It Would Not Work.............but Good Luck.....

Ya, we decided on 3/8 plate and my flanges are only 3 bolt so 18 longer bolts will do the trick. I spose mounting down all 3 axles per side is over kill, but better safe than sorry . Don't want any break my baby for the sake of plowing snow . Now to brush up on my welding skills and start on the plow. Can anyone tell me how far out is typical to mount the blade in front of the AATV? Farther up would let you see what your doing better... Hmm...

+ Reply to Thread