Max II Jack Shaft ???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II Jack Shaft ???

Max II Jack Shaft ???

Quick question. How much, if any, play should there be in a Max II jack shaft when the chains are off? On mine you can slide the sprocket assembly back and forth on the shaft. It’s almost like it needs more washers/ spacers between the sprocket assembly and the frame. Should the sprockets slide back and forth on the shaft? Will this movement stop and self align when the chains are tight???? One more question, I’m pretty sure I already know the answer. Is there any built-in misalignment with the jack shafts and the T-20? I’m new to the Max and just want to know for sure that I’m fixing this thing the correct way.

ive had the snap rings that hold the sprokets in place pop out of their groove and this alows the sprokets to slide on the shaft ,check to see if your max has snap rings holding them in place

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunt81 View Post
    Quick question. How much, if any, play should there be in a Max II jack shaft when the chains are off? On mine you can slide the sprocket assembly back and forth on the shaft. It’s almost like it needs more washers/ spacers between the sprocket assembly and the frame. Should the sprockets slide back and forth on the shaft? Will this movement stop and self align when the chains are tight???? One more question, I’m pretty sure I already know the answer. Is there any built-in misalignment with the jack shafts and the T-20? I’m new to the Max and just want to know for sure that I’m fixing this thing the correct way.
    no snap rings on jackshaft . . but should be 2 cotter pins on one end it's betwin the washers and the mount inboard end the outside should be in the mount and through the shaft . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

With the cotter pins in, the jackshafts will still slide back and forward....I would say that there is about 1/2" or so play.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunt81 View Post
    With the cotter pins in, the jackshafts will still slide back and forward....I would say that there is about 1/2" or so play.
    need some more washers . pm hey dan he works at max. he can tell you the right number to have at each end . mine has been apart so maney times it's probley not right . it needs to be alinding with the center sprocket abd the tranny . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

The next Max II I build won't have a Jackshsft.
    I hate the jackshaft

Whipper

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    I hate the jackshaft

Whipper
    i 2nd that motion . show me the way whipper . thanks robbie

I learned from Whipper - add a washer to each side until the chains are lined up - or better, find a way around using the jack shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    I hate the jackshaft

Whipper
    next winter Beth's max is getting tore down to replace the lower tub. when it goes back together there will be a few less moving parts as well
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread