Mudd ox Maintenance

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mudd ox Maintenance

Mudd ox Maintenance

What are the maintanance requirements on a mudd ox ?
    Thanks Mitch

Change engine oil every 100 hrs
    grease bearings probably about every 30 hours
    lube chains
    ride it like you rented it
    repeat
    maintain battery
    replace clutch belt as needed
    change chains as needed
    change hydraulic fluid every 5000 hours

pretty straight forward and quite easy to maintain

What type of wheel bearings do they use? Whats the setup to keep water out of the tub? How do they compare to a Max II ?

Hey matt,

Are you using the same bearings as the argo?

Quote Originally Posted by akexpress View Post
    Change engine oil every 100 hrs
    grease bearings probably about every 30 hours
    lube chains
    ride it like you rented it
    repeat
    maintain battery
    replace clutch belt as needed
    change chains as needed
    change hydraulic fluid every 5000 hours

pretty straight forward and quite easy to maintain
    Is all this info straight out of the Owner's/Operator's Manual ?
    I've never seen an owners manual that says to ride it like a rental
    Let's hear from some of you Mudd-ox owners and dealers.
    Just wondering, did your cars come with an owners manual? It's a simple yes or no answer.

Whipper

I'm not sure if you really have a horse in this race, Whipper, and based on some previous issues with Mudd Ox Inc. you might just be trying to antagonize a little bit. (I'm just trying to understand your interest in the owners' manual).

That being said........when I bought my Ox almost a year and a half ago, I was told by Mudd Ox Inc. that the owner's manuals were not available at that time, but would be available shortly. However, here we are almost a year and a half later and I have never received one nor have I been updated on the reason for the delay.

Changing the subject..........a question for AKExpress.

Mark, you had mentioned earlier about how an electronic fuel pump might improve some hesitation with throttle response. Is there a particular model or brand that you recommend for this and do you have a supplier in mind where it can be ordered from. The hesitation is not a show stopper, but there is enough there that I would like to remedy it if possible. I'm also wondering if that hesitation might somehow add to the backfiring during shutdown that happens sometimes, (ie the engine is working a little too hard trying to retrieve fuel from the line........). I had the carburetor adjusted a little, and the backfiring is less prevalent, but is still there off and on. You had said the electronic fuel pump would help hot start problems, but I have very rarely had issues with that and I think that will be even less on an event with the alternator/fan upgrade (as soon as I get around to it). So......if the electronic fuel pump upgrade would be primarily for hot start issues, I probably don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by hancock View Post
    I'm not sure if you really have a horse in this race, Whipper, and based on some previous issues with Mudd Ox Inc. you might just be trying to antagonize a little bit. (I'm just trying to understand your interest in the owners' manual).

That being said........when I bought my Ox almost a year and a half ago, I was told by Mudd Ox Inc. that the owner's manuals were not available at that time, but would be available shortly. However, here we are almost a year and a half later and I have never received one nor have I been updated on the reason for the delay.
    Nope, not trying to antagonize. I know Max has one. Argo has one & have just been curious if MuddOx had one. It's that simple.

Whipper

Gotcha. Well, they should have one for sure. Apparently that was the plan early on as I was told at the time of purchase they were right around the corner. If they are available at this point, I don't know. But, I certainly have never received one.
    Last edited by hancock; 05-02-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hancock View Post

Hi Everyone,

I will address some of the issues that have been coming up lately here on the forum. For example owners manuals, warning labels, customer service.

The early Mudd-Ox machines came with a Engine and winch manual. Now they come with the same plus all of the warning labels and information about weights and capacities. The Mudd-Ox has evolved very rapidly and has proved to be a very good machine to own. All of use here at Mudd-Ox have worked very hard to make the very best machine and have taken feed back from our recreational and industrial customers to make this happen. With this being done time flies by very quickly and sometimes I do not get voice mails and emails returned or delt with in a timely matter, and some parts shipping. Mudd-Ox is growing at a very good rate and I have spread myself way to thin and I am not able to cover all of the bases as well as I would like. It is my every intention to provide the best machine, customer support and service in the market. I have now hired more personnel to help cover all of the tasks at hand. This will shorten lead times on machines, provide the best customer service and in May we will have the Mudd-Ox owners manual and parts manuals printed and to all of our existing customers. They will be available on the web site to review as well. I would like to thank everyone for supporting Mudd-Ox. I am looking forward to helping our sport grow.

Regards,

Matt Oxender
    Last edited by Mike; 05-02-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: no need to go there again.

+ Reply to Thread