My Visit to Mudd-Ox this year...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Visit to Mudd-Ox this year...

Thanks for the diesel tip akcrawler. I'm waiting for that Max 8x8.

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    Thanks for the diesel tip akcrawler. I'm waiting for that Max 8x8.
    I am intrigued by the 8x8 Max as well. I am guessing that is where the diesel engine comes in? It seems that it would be a bit on the heavy side for the 6x6 versions, unless they come standard with 26x14(16"?) Vendetta tires. I think the Mudd-Ox lower tub with a new Max upper combined with the largest tires and tracks as well as the diesel engine would be a killer machine.

Now if a guy adds a split shifter and some of the other Max goodies he might well have the best hunting rig on the planet.
    Last edited by akcrawler; 06-06-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andylmusic76 View Post
    Oh and one more thing... I saw several Max II's and Max IV's lined up with 29 hp Kohler fuel injected engines. I bet that Max II with that engine can move.
    I don't know about the II's, but I have one of the new IV's with that engine and it really gets after it on the torque side. I only have the 21" tires (I ordered the tracks so I can go winter or summer), so my top speed is probably a little more than 15mph. I am, frankly, underwhelmed by the top speed with these tires. The engine seems to have plenty of power to push a much larger tire through pretty much anything, though. I had it out last weekend in swamps and steep hills with the tracks. The engine never hesitated. I did spin the tracks going up one hill when I hit a small log near the top (the slope was a little over 100% or 45 degrees from horizontal). I was on a forested slope with old leaves and new grass, so it was pretty slippery. It was also raining and the log had no bark on it, so all the cards were stacked against me. I backed off about 3' to get a run and popped right over it. I guess I am saying that this engine seems to be adequate for most tasks.

I bet the thing would really fly with 26" tires.
    Last edited by akcrawler; 06-06-2014 at 08:04 PM.

So cool, I like the Jiger up on the wall too.

I'm happy to see the ST 400 is well taken care of !!!! It looks great Matt

I hopw thay get an on line store of some sorts soon.

Here is response I received today when emailing Matt O. about updates on the 8x8 Max.

Thanks for your interest in an 8x8 Max.

We do not have any information on a potential 8x8 Max. Rumors have been in circulation about a new 8x8 Max, but we are unable to confirm any details at this time. We are hopeful that a more affordable 8x8 model will be coming to offer a cheaper alternative than the Muddox.

For now all we have to offer in the 8x8 lineup is the Mudd-Ox.

We are still offering the Max II, Max IV and the Buffalo Truck with new EFI engines.

Feel free to contact us at any time and we will be glad to let you know of any changes.

Best Regards

Fritz

LIEWER ENTERPRISES INC.
    34402 290th Street
    Burke, SD 57523
    Email: Fritz@max6x6.com
    Phone: 605-775-2917
    Fax: 605-775-6337

Just visited Mudd-Ox yesterday again. Matt offered me a job for the day - to stress test a new custom unit. I put it through some rough paces and played hart with it. It pushed me back in my seat haha. He snapped a picture to put on the Facebook page. Not sure if I can say any details about it, but I'm sure he will.

And he has a couple other top secret projects for both Max and Muddox that I saw and that are in the works for next year. 2016 can't come soon enough! I may actually be in the market for a Mudd-Ox soon :P

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 04:49 PM.

We may have to visit in early August... got to pass by for a wedding.

+ Reply to Thread