All Hydraulic Snowplow for Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All Hydraulic Snowplow for Mudd-Ox

All Hydraulic Snowplow for Mudd-Ox

I have been wondering why an all-hydraulic snowplow couldn't be developed for the Mudd-Ox line. The electro-hydraulic Boss plow is an excellent unit, but electro-hydraulic units are well-known for causing battery failure on pickup trucks. The fix tends to be an extra battery and alternator. I was thinking that a machine that is already hydraulic could benefit from an add-on valve system and live hydraulic hookups to operate a plow.

Maybe I am just dreaming. It could be that the existing hydraulic pumps can't handle the extra flow for a plow.

Quote Originally Posted by akcrawler View Post
    I have been wondering why an all-hydraulic snowplow couldn't be developed for the Mudd-Ox line. The electro-hydraulic Boss plow is an excellent unit, but electro-hydraulic units are well-known for causing battery failure on pickup trucks. The fix tends to be an extra battery and alternator. I was thinking that a machine that is already hydraulic could benefit from an add-on valve system and live hydraulic hookups to operate a plow.

Maybe I am just dreaming. It could be that the existing hydraulic pumps can't handle the extra flow for a plow.

Hello,
    The Mudd-Ox can be equipped to power many hydraulic accessories. The pump we use to propel the Mudd-Ox is a closed loop system. The pump does have an auxiliary mounting pad to mount and power additional pumps using the Kubota engine. These pumps require a separate oil tank, cooler,and controls. This is done to keep contamination out of the main drive line. Here at the factory we have added auxiliary hydraulics to fit a particular customers needs to many Mudd-Ox machines. Some examples are seismic drill rigs, sickle bar mowers, lift booms, and 3 point hitches. I have thought about hydraulic powered winches and snow plows but the added cost prohibits the benefits. The 12 volt winches work well and are affordable. The electric powered hydraulic pump like the one used in the Boss snow plow works well for us as we have a large enough battery and charging system to handle the load. I hope this answers your questions and gives a reason to the design.

Regards,

Matt
    Last edited by Mudd-Ox Inc.; 01-23-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks Matt,

Sometimes it is good to hear the reasons behind things being the way they are. I appreciate the time you took to answer my query.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread