Mudd-Ox and Max Dealership

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mudd-Ox and Max Dealership

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    When I was a Dealer about 3-4 years ago, I was told there we're over 60 active dealers.

Whipper
    ...Are we still talking Mudd Ox s here?

Wipper was a MAX Dealer same as I. When Rec had it there was a lot of dealers all over. I Real enjoyed being a deal then and kinda wish I had the funds to do it now !!

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-12-2016 at 03:52 PM.

I don't think it had a lot to do with Matt ? When I was a dealer Rec dropped me and a lot of others due to there government deal thy was trying to put together. Also thy wanted our #'s to be up and that was tuff at that point in time with economy taking a hit !
    People just didn't have the Play money to spend. Also as for the UTV and 4 wheelers Yes thy can't do what a 6X6 can BUT when you get them with Dealer financing and an entry level 4 wheeler is Cheaper the public seam to go for them. Also advertising !!
    I did ALOT of PR work when I sold them and all in all it paid off. The real killer I see is the cost of used units. Some people think these should hold there value like an older collector car ?!?!?
    Just my 2 cents !

There may have been that many dealers on the Max side of the house, but for the MuddOx itself there are only 3 listed dealers on their website, and it has been that way for years, almost since they started.

Why did you stop being a dealer?

MUdd-Ox and Argo for that matter are a very niche market at this time and will probably always be for that matter. The cost of a diesel hydrostatic Mudd-ox usually eliminates a casual hobbiest. Our dealership is a secondary business for us and yet has supported a genuine shop store front for 7 years and returned a profit. I think it would depend on location. We sell to mix of private and commercial customers. We have had a steady service business however that has tapered off as the machines have become very reliable. Whipper you should be more transparent in that you and Mudd-Ox parted ways more then 3-4 years ago on less then friendly terms and from my knowledge you were never a Mudd-Ox dealer There were more Mudd-Ox dealers a number of years ago but the economic recession resulted in some dealers not continuing . Also some initial dealers had issues with early machines and quit or where trying to do it out of their garages. It is just like any other business you have to have a business plan and adequate funding to start out and work at it. You are not likely to get rich as an amphibious ATV dealer as even long established Argo dealers have a limited market even though Argo has been around for 40+ years. I can not comment on Max dealerships as we only became Max dealers after Matt bought Recreative.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    There may have been that many dealers on the Max side of the house, but for the MuddOx itself there are only 3 listed dealers on their website, and it has been that way for years, almost since they started.

Why did you stop being a dealer?
    I didn't want to stop But I called Rec one day for some parts and thy informed me I was no longer a dealer due to the fact I didn't by any new units for the year ??
    Heck I still had a new one on my floor !

wedge, that is a heck of a way to tell you that you are no longer a dealer!

akexpress, thanks for the input, I guess I won't expect a MuddOx dealership to pop up anywhere near me for a while based on what you told us, it just seems weird that ARGO has so many dealers and MuddOx so few when from what I can tell the MuddOx is just as good if not better than the ARGO, it is certainly more maneuverable being hydraulic drive and all.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:04 PM.

I need to get the info at the shop but off the top of my head I would say Mid 90's.
    Thy had dealers popping up all over PA & MD at that time. I think the new guys spending the New bigger money may of had some input into it but I am not sure ?
    If you have records on older dealers I was TJ Motor Sports in Littlestown, PA just for the record.

+ Reply to Thread