Mudd-Ox and Max Dealership

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mudd-Ox and Max Dealership

Mudd-Ox and Max Dealership

Well, here goes. The company and owner I work for talked today about starting a Mudd-Ox / Max dealership. Oh boy, here I go again. What do you guys think about a dealership in East Central Minnesota?
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

Considering there are only 3 Mudd-Ox dealers in the entire US I would be curious as to why? Is it the investment in the minimum amount of vehicles you have to purchase up front to become a dealer? Is it the fact that the dealer assumes all the risk of stocking the vehicles and parts never knowing if he will ever sell a single one after purchasing them from the factory? Is it the fact that the main competitor to Mudd-Ox is Argo who have been around since the 1960s and have a vast dealer network throughout the US? When you can answer these questions I think you will have a better idea of how smart it is to start up a Mudd-Ox/Max dealership. Good luck! If you do start one up I would be super curious as to what hoops the factory makes you jump through to be a dealer.

Maruder, thanks for getting back to me. I have all these questions myself. Is the Mudd-Ox not selling well? Is there issues with the factory not being able to sell machines? I know when I was thinking about getting into it before I was concerned about having to buy three machines and then provide all parts and support for the buyer. I'm not sure if Mudd-Ox is doing well. Anybody else know anything about how Mudd-Ox is doing?

:
    Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-12-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Will do.

Mudd-Ox is doing just fine. From his beginnings in a pole barn to a new 25,000 sq ft modern factory in 8 years. Matt grew enough to buy Max and is now utilizing the two technologies into a new Mudd-ox model at a good price point. He now produces almost everything in house and has a complete computerized machine shop, cnc, laser cutter etc. He outsources very little to better quality control. No doubt the first production machines had some issues but he was very standup to the customers and fixed and upgraded machines well after the warranty period expired. I want to be transparent in that I/we are the Alaska Muddox/ Max dealer. We are a small family run business and it has been a positive experience for us. We pride ourselves on great customer service and Matt has been standup to help us with that mission. We have sold a significant number of machines and will continue to enjoy the adventure. There are a number of our customers on this site so they might chime in if they so desire. One of the great things about Mudd-Ox is the ability to customize the machines for individual customer needs. They are currently customizing a Mudd-Ox Xl to have auxiliary hydraulic circuit to run a drill rig for soil sampling. I am pretty sure Argo would not do that for one machine. Bottom line is Mudd-Ox is doing fine. BTW my number is (907) 230-four two nine three for complete transparency in case Fritz does not want to answer calls.

akexpress, is there some reason there are only 3 dealerships in all of the USA? Makes it kind of hard to compete with ARGO when they seem to have a dealership in every county that you can take a test ride at, get parts, get service, etc. Until there is a dealership near me I wouldn't even consider a MuddOx/Max. Just saying.......

Anybody else know why there are only 3 MuddOx dealerships in all of the USA? Maybe somebody from the MuddOx company can tell us?

not sure, but my only thought is that the 6x6 and 8x8 aatvs are not near as popular as 4x4 's and side by sides, etc. and i would think the mudd ox is more of a industrial machine application than hobby machine, etc. i think as a side buisness it would be o.k. depending on what part of the country your in. i would assume money would be made from selling some machines, selling parts, and servicing. seems the best route would be to talk to other dealers and see how they do.from a buisness standpoint to find out profit margins on sales and service. could be a great venture. j.b.

:
    Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-12-2016 at 03:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread