Dans Yellow Ven38 Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dans Yellow Ven38 Mudd Ox

A few more comments on the Ox guys:
    Clutching is almost prefect, stays in really low putting all the power and torque that 38 horse Kohler engine can deliver in BAD MUD. Steer with the throttle! Hit the gas and let that big engine work. Trail speed and control are exceptional, ride is far better than any AATV I have driven. This machine is fast and accelerates very well. The gas tank is metal and I have a gas gauge, I once ran out of fuel with the Argo because I couldn't tell how much fuel was in the machine. The T20 stays cool (temperature gauge never moved) and the machine runs quite, my Admiral transmissions made a lot of clicking sounds and I was always trying to figure out if I had something wrong. If you hear something on the Ox you know it's just a chain adjustment that only takes a couple of minutes.

Still trying to figure out if I am going for eight 28 inch tall outlaws or a set of Adair tracks. The tracks stay on top of mud and take a lot less power to turn in gumbo mud. The Adair's also make the machine turn easier and take a lot of stress off the drive train.

I know what the tracks will do, I am afraid that even the mighty Outlaws will bow to swamp conditions, will ride awful and still get me stuck. Wish I had some laws for a test ride. Hummm?

that last shot on your short video of the vengeance in that deep mud. will the outlaws take you out of that ? remember the vengeance is pretty heavy. just a couple of thoughts...i know it's a tough decision dan. johnboy

I wouldn't even consider running on only tires. That's what hondas are for
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-22-2016 at 02:52 AM.

The vengeance model is light for its size. Any machine with tires is really just a machine with tires. It will work better with the tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The vengeance model is light for its size. Any machine with tires is really just a machine with tires. It will work better with the tracks
    Quote "that last shot on your short video of the vengeance in that deep mud. will the outlaws take you out of that ? remember the vengeance is pretty heavy. just a couple of thoughts...i know it's a tough decision dan. johnboy" Quote

Buzz you are correct, Johnboy, no I don't believe Outlaws would have carried me through that mud and the whole back swamp area looked like that, throw in trees and roots under the water and the mud becomes even more formidable, with tires trees and roots are an obstacle, a set of tracks turns trees and roots into instant traction.

Also consider that a set of tracks fitting over a 14" wide Vendetta would be almost 18 inches wide, the width along with an 85 inch wheelbase is a lot of flotation.

well dan, you sure have witnessed first hand what deedee and kris's mudd ox will do with those tracks !! johnboy

Dan, come on man, you know where this is going, Time to get some tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Guys I am sorry, I had intended to take my machine out today but was once again caught with an over active schedule, will do my best to get some video up but the last four weeks have been some of the busiest times of my life.

You have a pm Dan!
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

Well the suspense is over,
    I just ordered a set of Adair tracks for the Ox. Having run tracks on four different machines for years just having tires was too much of a transition. The Adair's fitted over a 14 inch Vendetta tire will be 16 1/2 inches wide. I miss the smoother ride provided by the tracks, they also make the machine turn a lot easier and don't put as much stress on the axles, bearings and chains. I will also be installing 8 two wheel extensions so the Ox is going to be wide. This can be a good or bad thing depending on the situation.

I can't wait to get that extra 1" of mud clearance, the bite and flotation of a 16 1/2 inch track on an 85 inch wheelbase. This added to the relatively light weight of the Ox, and a 38 horse engine with excellent clutching, I should be a winning situation all around.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 08:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread