Another newbie

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another newbie

Another newbie

Hi just purchased a 2020 700 scout 6x6. I never ran a argo much less one that has tracks. I am getting use to her since I purchased a small swamp next to my home . My question to the experts is the steering at rest has play. Is that normal. The machine has about 9 hours.
    Thanks

Are you talking about a little movement in the steering bars?

Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    Hi just purchased a 2020 700 scout 6x6. I never ran a argo much less one that has tracks. I am getting use to her since I purchased a small swamp next to my home . My question to the experts is the steering at rest has play. Is that normal. The machine has about 9 hours.
    Thanks
    Yes, an Argo Scout uses a skid steer system, meaning the the machine is turned by turning the handlebar left or right, when you turn the handlebar the steering mechanism applies a certain amount of friction to the left or right brake, a hard jerk at low speeds can lock one side completely down, The trick is always smooth application of the bars. The play is there to give you a little feel for what the machine is doing before it starts to apply breaking force.

With a little practice you'll be able to turn on a dime or keep the machine rocking smoothly at trail speeds.

Thanks. I am getting better The rubber tracks grabs hard on the road then turns smoothly in the woods and swamp.

yes. A couple inches either way

+ Reply to Thread