New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 722 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 543 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Welcome aboard

Glad to have new members that are enthusiastic about this sport. Hope you enjoy the site and all its members. Lots of knowledge here and great people. Hope to see you on the site and maybe some where in the future a ride.

Lewis

Hello everyone. I am a new member and have virtually no experience with an aatv. I just purchased an Argo Bigfoot and have been working on it trying to get it into good running shape. It had been sitting for a long time and the carb was gummed up really bad. I finally got it cleaned out and new gas lines and filters and pump put on it. I also had the tank cleaned out good. It will start and run pretty good. At first it didn't want to run to well but after running it for a while it seemed to get better. I am still not comfortable with the idling on it. I can't get it to idle low enough to change gears without them clashing. It is really hard to change the gears sometimes. Looks like there should be a clutch of some kind to keep the flywheel from spinning while you change them.. anyone have any good info on the operation of this machine I would appreciate hearing from you. After getting this one I discovered that there is a place in Morristown Tennessee that make an aatv with a diesel motor and hydraulic drive motors instead of the chains. Anyone seen or have any experience with these? It seems like I have rambled too long so I will get off here and search for more info. I think I will really like this machine if I can get the bugs worked out of it.... later.. Lewis

Wecome aboard

Welcome to the site.
    The bigfoot is a excellent choice. When these things setup for a while they run a little rough for a bit. When you fill up the tank the next time add some fuel stabilizer to it. You seem to have done the correct basic things. Your machine will start to run better as you put time on it. If the idle is set to fast this may be causing the problem or belt tension. I am sure other members can help. What year model and engine do you have? Post pictures. There is a forum on the site that deals with Argos. The site is full of great people and lots of information on the machines. Where are you located? There may a site member close by.

Lewis

Thanks for the reply

The Bigfoot is a 1998 with a Briggs 18 hp Vangard engine. It seems to run great at full throttle, smooth and doesn't smoke any. The transmission is just very difficult to shift, even from a stopped position although at times it shifts freely. I don't want to damage anything trying to shift. I have looked for postings on tramsmission problems but didn't find anything that would fit my situation. I may have overlooked it though. I did seem to get a lot better after riding it for a while.. I am near Cookeville, Tennessee, about halfway between Knoxville and Nashville off I-40. Lewis

hey stargate,
    welcome and congrats on the machine. a few things can cause the grinding when you go into gear. first, put a product called seafoam in the gas tank. this will finish the job of cleaning the fuel system. then get it to idle as low as possible. also, you can have rubber buily up on the clutch pulleys causing it to grab. pull the belt off and clen the surfaces with some brake clean on a rag. don't spray it into the clutch if you can avoid it. mine will go into reverse a lot easier than forward, so if it is being a pain i'll put it in reverse to stop the input shaft, then slide it into forward gear
    hope that helps and good luck with the machine
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

just want to say hi

I just bought a used max 6x6 i think is a 1997 maxII it runs good but when i was un loading it three of the tires rolled of the rims .i have allway had 4-wheelers i am getting excited about my 6x6. where is the best &cheapest place to get tires & rims? this is a great site thanks for your help any one. richard

Hello, Richard,
    Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the board.
    As for your tires go, I cant remember off hand but I bet if you search the forum you could probably find a thread on it.
    Good luck, you may never buy another 4 wheeler again.

stargate4 and richard.see welcome to the amphibious forum

Stargate, is the shifter lever hard to move, or is the problem just grinding when shifting. A friend's Bigfoot shifter lever is hard to move regardless of the clashing, while my '97 will move with two fingers.

The carb.. did you have the idle mixture screw out of it when cleaning.. when everything is clean, they will idle as low as you want. The governor may be overiding the idle speed screw, if so you will have to bend/adjust the governor linkage. Also those perforated emulsion tubes in the carb are hard to clean, make sure the smallest holes in them are open, using the point of a sewing needle, etc.

From nuetral, shift to reverse, then to a forward gear. It will clash less than going through low>high.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Love this sight! I saw the Argos in Alaska and had to have one, so I started saving for 5 years and picked up a 04' Avenger in 05' and I love this thing. I live by Mt.St. Helens Wa and love to explore new places.Love helping people out . Anyone in my neck of the woods?I thank you all for letting me on-board.

+ Reply to Thread