Minute Moose Down

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minute Moose Down

Minute Moose Down

Well, there is not much of a story to go with this one. We left my place at 6:00 this morning. It's 15 minutes to where we started our hunt, and this guy made the mistake of poking his head out about 9 minutes into the hunt. Had him loaded, skinned, and hanging in the cooler by 8:00. My wife and kids were still in bed sleeping when we got home.
    Last yr I got my Moose on the 16th, this is the 17th for this one. 366 days between Mooses, lol

Nothing to do now but go try to get an Elk, I guess.

RD

nice moose . know that's going to eat good robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

When is BC's season and what is legal?

My area is spike or fork, 50 inches plus, or three brow tines on at least one side. It opens Aug.24 usually, but not this year.
    I ride a brown '96 Max 4 (skid plate, roll cage, 26" Rawhides, 20hp, custom winch and tow plates) with a 2K front winch and a 4K come-along for back up. I pack 20'tow-strap, 2 chains and 2 hooks,a jeep jack, and a big block of PT wood. Also an axe and chainsaw. And mechanic tools. I have a tote with a tarp and bungees. Spare parts. Two rifles. Hey, arent I supposed to be able to have three passengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    My wife and kids were still in bed sleeping when we got home.
    You should of played it off like, "I decide not to go." Oh look a moose.

Thats pretty cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKTrail View Post
    When is BC's season and what is legal?

My area is spike or fork, 50 inches plus, or three brow tines on at least one side. It opens Aug.24 usually, but not this year.
    The season in my area is Aug 15 untill Oct 31.
    First 2 weeks is "Any Bull".
    After that its "2 point" or less (on one side) for a small one.
    OR
    A big one is "3 on the brow" or "10 points on 1 side"

The season in my area is Aug 15 untill Oct 31.
    First 2 weeks is "Any Bull".
    After that its "2 point" or less (on one side) for a small one.
    OR
    A big one is "3 on the brow" or "10 points on 1 side"
    Cool, that gives you a chance for a nice meat-moose early in the season.

Does everything count for points in BC, like eye guards, palm/paddle points, and brow tines?
    I ride a brown '96 Max 4 (skid plate, roll cage, 26" Rawhides, 20hp, custom winch and tow plates) with a 2K front winch and a 4K come-along for back up. I pack 20'tow-strap, 2 chains and 2 hooks,a jeep jack, and a big block of PT wood. Also an axe and chainsaw. And mechanic tools. I have a tote with a tarp and bungees. Spare parts. Two rifles. Hey, arent I supposed to be able to have three passengers?

Quote Originally Posted by AKTrail View Post
    Cool, that gives you a chance for a nice meat-moose early in the season.

Does everything count for points in BC, like eye guards, palm/paddle points, and brow tines?
    Anything counts, but there is a definition for "Point"
    A point must be at least 1" long, but ALSO, it must be longer than it is wide. For that reason you have to be carefull of those "Rounded" points on the Alaska/Yukon moose. If the "point" makes the 1" min, but is 2" wide at the base, it does NOT count as a point.

+ Reply to Thread