max trax

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: max trax

max trax

Could some one tell me what years were the max trax. Machine built. And these machines didn't come with front. Chains correct ?

While I can't answer on the years built I would guess in the late eighties I have read from others here that in fact they only drove on the back two axles and even today RI recommends that you remove the front chain for tracks.Reason because one axle is needed for an "idler" so it can free wheel at a RPM independent of the drive axles to compensate for tires with slightly different diameters.I remove my front chains and I can tell you the other two axles to my knowledge have never spun in the tracks..

I was just wondering I had someone call me saying they had 2 for sale. And I couldn't remember what year they were made. And what size motors. Thanks

I saw them advertised in brochures and online only a few years ago. They are nice if a tracked amphib is what you need. As a bonus, I don't think they'd need more than a couple of sets of chains to convert them to "regular" Max IV's either and they're slightly beefier than a normal Max IV since they already have the bearing cages and axle extensions. Where's this fellow who has 2 for sale located and how much is he asking?

1500 a piece. And has 2 of them.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-02-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: removed part of sentence to adhere to forum rules

Get the serial numbers for both of these machines; they are stamped on a plate that's riveted to the left inside of the upper body tub. Call Recreatives Industries (1-800-255-2511), give them those numbers and have them do a check to see exactly when they were built. $1500 seems like a fair price for older rigs, or ones that have been ridden hard. A tracked vehicle demands an in-person inspection, IMHO, because of the extra wear & tear that track systems can place on these machines.

If that's what he wants for the newer Max Trax vehicles then that's a very, very low asking price; I would be suspicious of a scam. However, maybe this guy just doesn't know what he has... or he just desperately needs the money. If that's the case, BUY THEM BOTH!!! Is this guy located near you in Maine, or closer to the PA/NY area???

+ Reply to Thread