Help with Argo Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with Argo Tracks

once tracks apart make those dedicated track pins. You will never look back. Best mod I've seen and used.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy67 View Post
    Thanks for that info. I’m based in the Highlands of Scotland and we’re metric over here.
    I had a quick look and I’m struggling to understand the sizing, when you say #10 is that a UNF thread?
    If you were looking for them online, what would you type in the search.
    Thanks very much in advance
    Gordy
    If you

I wish I was home to look at some of my extra parts. I probably have some and could give you a real answer! Its been too long ago since I've dealt with them so I don't recall if they are UNF or UNC. I'm going to guess them to be #10-24 UNC. If your having to order them also get some #10-32 UNF. They shouldn't be that costly.

I do remember not being able to get them out and having to cut them with a thin cut off wheel on a die grinder. So I'd get some extra pins & collars too. Argo prices on these are not that bad for them. I always wanted extras along just incase I broke one which never happened but I have not run the tracks that much either.

I do like the modified pin idea that was shared but never tried it myself. Looks like a great solution for the "master" link where you will break your tracks every time you take them off. I always had to hunt for a set screw that is willing to come out as forcing them usually ends up with a stripped set screw anyways.

Sorry to chime in so late. I have 18" Supertracks that came with my 2001 Conquest. The set screws are 1/4-20 x 1/4 and use a 1/8" hex key. Sorry your having issues with sizing. If it helps, don't feel too bad, I thought I was the only one on earth that rarely gets the typical/common/easy problems. Generally a knock down, drag out process.

Hey Joe, no problem, thanks for your input.
    From what I understand, the tracks I have are the narrower ones and maybe even older than yours and have the smaller set screw.
    An 1/8” hex is a little too big.
    I’m organising a few of the hinge pins that were suggested earlier, it’s a great idea.
    Some of the set screws look pretty stuck and as long as the suggested separation hinge is used to install and remove them, I think we’re on a winner.
    Once again, thanks everyone for your input, it’s been most helpful
    Last edited by Gordy67; 05-11-2018 at 03:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread