seat foam

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: seat foam

thanks, that's o.k. i can get samples from mcmaster carr fairly cheap. i realize the weight is the key. maybe the mud ox max guys can tell me the hardness in the replacement seats they sell. that would work fine. or what hardness,etc. you use for the argos. johnboy va.

Hi, I honestly don't know what the weight is. We buy the pieces they cut off the big blocks when they square them (skins). For our purposes it's ideal as it's always covered in PVC anyway and it's substantially cheaper. To be honest though, I don't like total waste, can't see something go to landfill if it's fit for another purpose and that's the main reason for going to the trouble of trying the converters to see what they have about. It just goes against my principals and although economically, time wise, we would probably be better off just ordering new to size I still use the skins.
    As you say, Mudd ox should be able to give you the weight. We just sit on it and go "yep" or "no way".

thanks rod, mcmaster has 4-5 different firmness ratings. will order 2-3 12''x12'' for a test. only about $ 5 bucks each. will post later which worked best in case anyone else want's to redo theirs. johnboy va.

John, when you sit on it for a try out do yourself a favour and sit and have a coffee for a few minutes. Closed cell foam "creeps" as it warms up and you settle into it, you need to sit there for a couple of minutes at least mate.

thanks rod , good advice. may seem cushy right at first, but want to make sure after an hour ride i'm still cozy !! johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread