Bushwacker II BWII

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushwacker II BWII

Bushwacker II BWII

I thought I would show the Forum Members what I've been doing for the last 4-5 months. For those who don't know me, I have a passion "to design/build stuff", especially AATV's. I posted about 20 odd pics of this custom scratch build 6x6. It is all aluminum construction, has 30" tires and 15" ground clearance in the center.

The pics show the build progression, to the finished product (is it ever finished). Hope you enjoy the thread. I will post a "walk-around video" highlighting the unique features of BWII, if enough interest is shown.

Thanks for viewing!

Don't know if I did the thumbnail link correctly, if I didn't just do a gallery search for Bushwacker II, to view pics
    Last edited by Bw6; 01-22-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: thumbnail link

Thumbs up Larry W

- Amphibious ATV Pictures

That is cool! Great work!!!

Hey Larry, thanks for doing the link, and your comments.

Is it ever finished? I love that. When you like to "tinker", I think the answer is always no.

Looking forward to videos.

Bridget

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    This ain't no amphib.... this is rideable ART ... that also floats. Dang it's so nice I don't know how you can stand to put it into a mud hole, did you have second thoughts when you first edged up to take it into a hole? I know I would have... For about 3 seconds! then YEEEHAAWWW!!! Can't wait to see it in action.

BC, Thanks for the comments. It was a fun project. With all that ground clearance and those aggressive tires the mud holes were a bit anticlimactic. Similar to a Springer waiting for the bumps that never happen.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    bummer, sometimes I guess you just need bigger holes -LOL!

BC, Your right, and I found one of those bigger holes! Nothing is unstoppable. On my first 5 hour ride, I came to a mean ole hole that always stopped everyone, I was doing great almost through it when for some reason instead of going straight I veered to the right, now I was sideways between two 2 foot deep ruts of sold mud. My pride was crushed for a few seconds, but after some shovel time, and a winch pull I was back on the trail with a smile on my face.

Bw6 your machine is a labor of love and great enthusiasm. Pat yourself on the back several times and don't stop.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Video "Walk-a-Round"

First thanks for all you kind comments,it's appreciated. Let me share this walk-a-round with all the members. This was early on in the project as you can see, but it will give you an idea of what Bushwacker II is all about.

Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread