What have I got?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What have I got?

LarryW, Thanks for those links, it certainly looks like a different model. Engine just won't behave so-- maybe time to update to a 4 stroke, have a nice 18 hp Kohler Command sitting that will fit in but it is going to depend on fitment inside the gearbox. Wouldn't know till I dissasemble the gearbox. Maybe!

Hi Aussie (and all)
    your machine is not a 1 of a kind, I know this because I have it's brother in my shed!!! It is indeed a United 6 Earth Cruiser. Alloy body, frog like headlights & canary yellow..........yep it's the same! Mine is is many bits at this point in the middle of restoration. I also have its little sister, (the one in the brochures) made by same company, slightly smaller & made of fiberglass. That one is in the 'must do it up one day que'. You'll find the carby on the Hirth to be a little fiddly, other than that there is not much to go wrong with the engine. I have a parts manual for that engine floating around here, if you want I'll dig it out & get a copy to you.
    BTW I am in Melbourne!

Nice find my friend! I really like the rudder and jet system. The belt adjuster on the t-20 is something I've had in my head for years. Once again someone developed my get rich quick invention. The machine is very sharp, has alot of excellent features. Looks like there's plenty of room for a nice 4 stroke motor. Here's a suggestion for the vehicle name: "Jack Jumper."

Noel

WTF is a Jack jumper? The one I've got is too heavy to jump! Maybe Jack would just have to push Jill out of the way!

United 6 Amphibious Tractor

Hi guys, I just joined the forum yesterday, I too have the same vehicle that I am about to start restoring and it still has all it's original stickers and labels. My father purchsed it brand new when I was a kid, the clutch system never really work properly and the old molded tyers were over inflated when he loaned it to one of nis friends. This caused the tyre to rub on the body and wore through the aluminium.

I am going to convert it to conventional rims (the original tyres are the same as fitted to a Honda ATC 90) and repair the body work. They don't float that well and from factory there was a set of infatable floats that you tied onto the outer frame work to help flotation.

You probably know all of this by now but I thought I'd throw my 5 cents in.

Cheers

Hi Aussie Iron
    I have just found a united 6 just like yours. They said it has been sitting in the shed for over 30yrs because no one could get it going. Well I found the problem, just a wire off the points had rubbed and was earthing out. Motor is now going good. Having a little bit of trouble adjusting the left hand drive. Took it for a run the over day, great in reverse, just the left side jumps out of gear in forward. I just need to find the time to adjust it more.
    I am new to the 6x6 world. I saw this and thought it looked like fun.
    Pity we didn't live a bit closer. I am in Nabiac NSW.
    Every one calls my 6x6 the banana splits buggy.
    Have you got yours going?
    United 6

Wow, nice find United 6! If you get a chance I'd love to see some more pictures of them. Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the site.

Will try and do pictures(not much good at computers). Don't know how much these things are worth but I picked this one up for $700, is that reasonable? I think I will get $700 worth of fun out of it.

$700 is well worth it! Looking forward to the pics.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hi
    Do you have any pics of the floats they tied to the united 6. How did you go getting yours going?

+ Reply to Thread