need to know how to bleed brake system

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need to know how to bleed brake system

need to know how to bleed brake system

i have older scrambler and i can't figure out how to prime the brakes and steering

Hey O'bryan,
    On the slave cylinders is a fitting with a cap. If you take the cap off there is a grease looking fitting. You are suppose to put atf fluid in a clean grease gun and pump it in there. You have to pump some and then turn the wheel to the side you are working on and pump some more.

Thanks a lot man that works great
    Thanks for help

need parts

I can't find any leaks but it doesn't fully bleed right, one side works great but turning left I have to pump the cylinder, I think maybe the cylinder needs replacing, anyone know where I can get replacement parts for a 1968 scrambler?, or after market replacements, I have brought it back from the dead after I found it on my cousins land in pieces, I replaced the 7hp with a predator 22hp V Twin new hubs, wheels, chains, brake lines, rhino coated the bottom inside and out, painted the top gloss black, runs great but can't turn left , bleeding isn't working.

Thanks for taking time to read the post.
    Keith Hetchler
    262 822 9726 (incase you know where I can get parts)

Try bleeding the steering with the opposite side jacked up, I had to shim one of mine years ago with washers though I think I read that there are adjustable studs behind the cylinders.
    A bad bearing in the arm could also cause the problem.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

How do you put fluid in a grease gun?
    Pardon my ignorance.

How do I put atf fluid in a grease gun?

a small bulk grease gun will work, the cartridge ones may leak a bit . Empty the grease and start with a clean hose and gun, remove the spring t handle side of the tube and fill the trans fluid. hold the gun vertical and pump the oil in from the zerk on the slave cylinders. alternately you can pick up a cheep bulk oil/grease gun https://www.zoro.com/funnel-king-gre...90/i/G4316085/
    Acta non verba

I found a type written instruction sheet from the factory in my scrambler manuals. The bleeding instructions mentioned Raising one side up then the other. I will look for this paper and figure out how to post it.

This may or may not help. The Gotcha and the Scrambler steering is very similar. This Gotcha manual tells how to bleed the system.

http://www.6x6world.com/images/gotch...ers-Manual.pdf
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

+ Reply to Thread