Ratcliffe 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ratcliffe 6x6

ratcliffe 2.jpg

I just had to post up a picture of the Ratcliffe 6x6 since I dont think I inserted any images of it. Here is Whipper's springer too, I think the Ratcliffe is its long lost bigger, slower cousin.

Hey Mike, did you ever hear back from that email that you sent to Mr. Ratcliffe?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I never got a response

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I never got a response

My email address is: newhampshirefarms@yahoo.com I use to own the one in NH. After I sold it some how it ended up getting back out to where it was produced in Evergreen CO where it just resold on ebay. Looks like someone ended up mounting the Meyers snow plow I had too. I had sold it to a guy in NY who must have sold it to the guy in CO. Looks like it got a fresh coat of paint too. I did the best with describing it based on a conversation I had with John (the former VP of Ratcliffe), but I may have gotten a few facts wrong accidently. However the guy that just resold my old machine had a number of his facts wrong (in one of his responses he even states that the machine will go over 30mph, it only goes like 5mph though and nobody spent 3 years restoring it as I only sold it last year)... See his listings (he had it listed twice for some reason) at eBay Motors: Very Rare Mint ATV/Snowcat snowplow offroad NO RESERVE (item 170199223635 end time Mar-11-08 19:46:33 PDT) and also listed at eBay Motors: Very Rare Mint ATV/Snowcat snowplow offroad NO RESERVE (item 170199224643 end time Mar-11-08 19:51:42 PDT)

http://premium1.uploadit.org/JPizzle//DSC_0149.jpg
    http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/de/fe/60a9_1.JPG
    http://premium1.uploadit.org/JPizzle//DSC_0152.jpg

Anyway, I just spent 30 minutes typing a longer reply but it deleted itself somehow when I pushed the submit reply button so I don't have time right now to write much more (I just found this post through Google and thought I'd offer a quick reply). It was a neat machine but slow (5mph) and too big to transport many places. All the facts I wrote in my original description where based on my memory of a phone conversation I had with John (the former VP) so maybe I mixed up the part about the Vanguard, who knows. John said most all the Ratcliffe was built with off the shelf parts. He also said Clay left and was doing some promotional stuff with NASCAR or something.

I sold the Argo and bought an 8x8 Argo Conquest, and am having a lot of fun with it. The Ratcliffe just sort of sat there and I didn't use it much. Powerful machine though, and pretty neat.

My other toy is a Quadractor they are pretty different too: Welcome to the Quadractor Resource Page

Matt (my last name isn't Ratcliffe either and I'm not sure what email you were trying to reach me at but my email is newhampshirefarms@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Mike; 03-27-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Matt, it's good to have you here to answer some of the questions about the Ratcliffe. I don't remember what email address I was writing to but I got it from the whois for the website ratcliffe6x6.com . I think it had the word "drink" in the email.

Regardlesss, I'm glad you found us and I look forward to learning more about these work horses.

Mike

Welcome to the site......it is really good to have you here. Would you still happen to have any of the contact info for Mr. Ratcliffe or any of the other employees of the company? Thanks for providing all of that information about the vehicle and its history for us.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

if this Ratcliff body was an attex it had to be one of the 8x8 military ones.
    Any one know how long that body is. the Ratcliff is suposed to be 9 feet
    Last edited by trebmaster; 04-13-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

tomlsoe

Hello out there I am very intrigued by Whipper and all that he is doing and has done I wish he would wright a book about his Attex springer and others that he has build i am facinated thanks for the site. And to you Whipper keep up the good word.

Tom

Check this out. It’s only the 2nd that I’ve ever seen...

https://showlow.craigslist.org/snw/d...449907468.html

+ Reply to Thread