Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

like mike said the metal work is incredible

Thanks for the complements. I have been working at this new job now for 2 years and when they saw what I'm capable of they have been sending me all over the us to other sites to repair their machines train mechanics and bring some organization to their maintenance dept.
    Bought a pontoon boat and have been busy with it. Recently I went upstream about 5 miles in the white river. Walley swam at least 2 miles of that in 2 to 4 feet of water and met several kyackers coming down stream. I got the funniest looks from them as they paddled by. I had the hardest time clinbing out on a steep sandy bank the tires just crumbled the bank and couldn't get a grip had to climb out where it wasn't so steep. Anyone else have that trouble where your still floating and your tires cant get a grip

custom made volks powered 8x8

Quote Originally Posted by chris davison View Post
    Thanks for the complements. I have been working at this new job now for 2 years and when they saw what I'm capable of they have been sending me all over the us to other sites to repair their machines train mechanics and bring some organization to their maintenance dept.
    Bought a pontoon boat and have been busy with it. Recently I went upstream about 5 miles in the white river. Walley swam at least 2 miles of that in 2 to 4 feet of water and met several kyackers coming down stream. I got the funniest looks from them as they paddled by. I had the hardest time clinbing out on a steep sandy bank the tires just crumbled the bank and couldn't get a grip had to climb out where it wasn't so steep. Anyone else have that trouble where your still floating and your tires cant get a grip
    Yes Chris, and when you try to jump to shore to hook the winch you jump into the water!

Chris do you have video of Walley running? nothing as sweet as a VW purrring. PS never had problem jumping to the shore but had interesting times getting back on board when winch was connected.

Yes utube videos try kabas511 Chris Davison and check the walk around at night with engine idling.

nice videos love the sound it makes when you where ripping around on the beach

I have a winch but haven't needed it yet it's a radio key fob control so I would just hook it up and stand to the side as it pulled wallet out

I have been thinking about buying a doner car with a v6 automatic and changing to tracks with suspension as it it walley weighs 1865 lbs this might add 700 though and my buoyancy is 6000 lbs. I would be losing eng trans jack shafts 8 tires and rims 16 sprockets and 50 feet of #80 Chain the compressor and air clutch with shaft and bearings. I would be gaining eng trans rearend 2 12inch x 26foot tracks all the suspension 8 shocks 32 rollers 2 drive sprockets. It would give me 4x the hp 4x the torq suspension for traveling faster and 20 square feet of rubber driving all the time and about 5 more inches of ground clearance. Lets do some math that's guestimate of 2450 lbs machine weight and 20 sq ft equals 2880 sq inches this calcs to .850 lbs per sq inch foot pressure or 122 lbs per sq foot of track. Its true the tires give some buoyancy but as they are only 1/2 submerged its marginal. I draw 10 inches out of 26 on the verticle side when in the water this weight would add 2 more. What do you guys think does it sound do able is the foot pressure OK

Well I have 50 feet of 15"snow mobile track and an engine and trans from a Nissan 300zx and have been removing parts from walley about650 lbs so far it will be nice to have a v6 and an automatic

I installed a 3 liter v6 with a 5 speed automatic and an old jeep rear-end slowly working towards completion. I am using pallet jack steering wheels their a 7" tall plastic wheel with bearings on a 20mm shaft in all the shoes inside the track. It will have 12" of travel and be able to collapse the suspension into a tight oval for water travel.

+ Reply to Thread