Unreal Kid 8x8 prototype Amphibious Kit found

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unreal Kid 8x8 prototype Amphibious Kit found

Unreal Kid 8x8 prototype Amphibious Kit found

I cant beleave i got this.. This is the clutched 540 rpm PTO and prop kit from the Kid factory engineering department.. this never made it to the production floor.. The 2 gear boxes pictured hooked to the pto stub on the motor and was linked togather with a shaft [not shown] and you would have a true tractor style 540 rpm clutched PTO on your Kid 8x8.. then the prop is a 540 pto splined quick attach set up that would slide on or off the pto shaft..

cant beleave i got this.. it has to be the only one ever made as this was still in the engineering department being figuared out when they sold out..

S6300976.jpgS6300975.jpg

Amazing! A true piece of AATV history right there.......hold on to that and keep in inside in a safe place for sure!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Wow, that is an amazing find!!!! Glad you got it!

ahh man!!! awesome!!! can i have it??? i would really like to see a similar setup put onto a kid...im planning on putting some sort of clutch on my pto...that is awesome period. do u mind if i ask where you found that?
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

A guy called me the other day and asked if he could come by the shop and see what i was doing.. well he stopped by the next day with all kinds of Kid 8x8 storys and gave me a bunch of parts he had left over from his Kid 8x8 and told me the story on the PTO kit and said he hoped i could put it to use... and boy.. you talk about Kid 8x8 storys.. i think he lived on one for 20 years. He use to hual his Kid 8x8 and a M116 huskey behind his M818 . Sam if you read this board your welcome to stop back by anytime you want and tell more Kid 8x8 storys..

That is very remarkable. I know the company that is currently selling restored KID's is working on the same set-up. I'm sure they would like to get a look at this. Are you familiar with their set up, they are in In. Do you plan to sell this?
    Jim

That is FINE! Another well engineered Kid part. That is a hellova prop on that, did he also have any type of rudder setup to maneuver or what about reverse? At least it could be turned off!

Southern Comfort Kid

+ Reply to Thread