My Trackster Build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: My Trackster Build

great job on the build and it looks like it performs awesome !! thanks for the video. john boy va.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Thanks for the fix Mike. Yeah, it's pretty hairy in there, like a minefield of fallen logs. I never would go in there with the 950, I probably could have picked my way around but there are logs at water level, submerged logs, logs at ground level and logs on top of those logs. I always figured I'd be winching more than I was driving so I wouldn't go in there. The big one Evan crosses is about 18 inches in diameter and it's a lot of fun to cross. The thing you can't see in the video is me wading through the muck over knee deep in shorts and crocs to get that video. With each step I could feel all manner of slimy squirmys under my feet and between my toes, and of course, the ever present cotonmouths. Thankfully NOT between my toes. Just so everyone knows, it can be stuck like any machine, I've used the warn twice already, glad I put it on there!

We may not have seen you in the muck but when I first watched the video, I heard you walking through it and hoped that you had on hip waders.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks y'all, no, it's too hot for waders but I had planned to stand on a log to video and wouldn't ya know, the angle was just all wrong. No big deal, back in the day I cut survey lines for oil and gas exploration, I spent a lot of days in that kind of stuff and worse. I've been in just about every creek, river and swamp in the south. Wierd thing, the only leech I ever got on me was in a river in south eastern Oklahoma while diving for a very expensive compass the compass man dropped while swimming across. Oh, and Bridget there are plenty of spider webs to glue your hair in place. I was thinking about mounting a flame thrower to the front to deal with them.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Here is an over the side strip made while tracking through some sloughs that tie into the back side of the beaver swamp.
    https://fbcdn-video-c-a.akamaihd.net...f5cc964f7d8fe7

Awesome vids, looks like you have it working good, which is a good thing, doesn't look like a place I'd want to have to walk back out of.

Coop

Thanks Coop, and thank you for all the times you offered encouragement through the roughest times of the build, if it hadn't been for people like yourself, Noel Woods and Trackster (Nick) I would have abandoned it and sold out. You guys were and still are right, it WAS and IS worth it! This beast is like no machine I've ever driven, the t handle steering is remarkably easy to use. And even as wide as the machine is I am shocked at it's maneuverability. I have had to widen some spots on my Ã*tv trails but amazingly those were spots I was planning to widen even for the quad. I plan to do a walk around video to post this weekend, there was a ton of work done and I think my sons deserve to have a documented record of their work. I hope to have it up Sunday evening. Thanks again man! You guys are the best!

Awesome job Brushcutter. I have been out of touch lately but I keep checking in to see how you are doing. Looks like you did great! I would like to see that exhaust, I am still struggling with that heat issue you spoke of.
    Nick

Awesome machine. Keep the video coming. The guy that did machine work for my attex bruiser says he has 2 ppt I going up maybe I can get some pics
    I like yours better than the ppt

+ Reply to Thread