pengor penguin

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: pengor penguin

Its not 4x4, just 2 wheel drive. Very Nice looking penguin though! Best I have seen.
    Last edited by LarryW; 05-20-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Penguin

Hey guys! I am the owner of the penguin, thank you for taking an intrest in it! I will be putting it in the lake or the pond soon, i'm done school in a few more days. I'll post it then. keep looking at the videos! Thanks! Tomas Hammond - YouTube

Looks like yours in really nice shape! Certainly a very rare machine, especially in that condition. Thanks for posting those videos.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hahaha yea, Ive done a lot of work to her. She didn't run when I got her, the key wouldn't even turn, and when we got it too it would fire or give spark. The points had to be filed and replaced, the transmission was an impossible mess. It says in the orignal manual that it is 3 up 1 down, actually it is 1 up 3 down. She was a stumbling block, thats for sure. The motor was a whole other ball of wax. the body was alright, needed buffing and patching around the rear axle. The seats and covers I had made up from photos of the queens royal penguin. Right now I'm looking for new tires all around and have to re-support the rear hitch.

Thanks,

Tom

Very Neat Machine! Im glad you are fixing it up and making it new again and even more impressed your trying to keep it as original as possible even down to making reproduction seats for it. Nice Job!

Why thank you, thank you very much. It is impossible to find parts, only about between 1500 and 1800 were ever built, and they were only made between 1963 and 1964. EVen if parts could be found they aren't usable. The man I bought mine from originally had 10. He went to the closing sale and basically bought everything. A buddy of mine bought one from him that was still in the box. Mine was the one he actually used. I have been making parts for it on the lathe, modifying old motor cycle parts to fit. Its all worth it though, once it is finished it will be beautiful.

Very cool story behind it for sure. I didn't realize there were so many of them built, that's actually quite a bit compared to some other odd ball AATVs that were made.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That is a cool story and a very cool,unusual machine.Can't wait to see more video's.

New videos!

I recently had the penguin in the lake and at my friends swamp! check out the videos! please and thanks.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-20-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: embedded video by using filmstrip button

It swam very well Tomas. I know you were pleased.
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

+ Reply to Thread