Hydratrek

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hydratrek

The dry weight of the basic unit is 2500 lbs. Pretty heavy for my needs and wants. The web site has a full spec sheet.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

$$

I bet its going to be to high dollar for me. But I sure would like to play with one for a weekend. Cougar

Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post
    I tried watching the vid, but there seems to be an error on the page, I will try again later.

boncrshr ,

You can not watch any video posted on the Stage6 website , unless you have down loaded the DVX player off their website . Mostly all of the video,s on their website , are high def , 1080 p , full screen video,s. I,ve watched the Argo video , " How its made " on their website after I down loaded their DVX , and it looked GREAT !!
    Last edited by mudbug3; 03-20-2008 at 01:34 AM.

Hydro Traxx in flooded fields

The Hydratex really moves in the water , with its dual props that are recessed into the rear of the lower tub . I,m really impressed with this unique , aluminum , amphibious , 6x6

Hydratrek Video - In Water
    Last edited by mudbug3; 04-05-2008 at 04:58 PM.

It's got it's nice points, but the size is a big downfall for me. The Argo 8x8 is about as big a vehicle as I think I would ever consider. If your going to go that big you might as well be in a jeep.
    Bruce

The video shows the 5 mph water speed of the Hydratex , and its exellent stability in choppy water .

Hydratrek Video - Stability Land & Water

Quote Originally Posted by hdble View Post
    It's got it's nice points, but the size is a big downfall for me. The Argo 8x8 is about as big a vehicle as I think I would ever consider. If your going to go that big you might as well be in a jeep.

hdble ,

Yes ,,I totally agree with you about the width of the Hydratrex . Its too wide of a 6x6 to be used for the trail riding most of us like to do . With an amphib that wide , you would be limited to jeep trails , like they have at Haspin acreas . It would probably be ideal in a place like that .

Mudbug,
    I do like the aluminum body, looks cool. But I quit driving my jeep because of places it wouldn't fit that I wanted to go. That eould sure defeat the purpose.

Wonder why it has such a long nose, cuts way down on the approach angle?
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread